The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Gijon - the city of sculptures

Having walked around Gijon in between showers, we've concluded that it's the city of sculptures.

What was supposed to be a gentle stroll along the coastal path to take in the views turned out to be a mission to 'seek-out' the sculptures. Unfortunately for Bruce he found himself being dragged from one sculpture to another even though they were strategically placed along the coastal path.


sculptures

The views across the bay from the headland were wonderful as we continued along the beach front to the other side.


Playa de San Lorenzo beach



At this point, we were both feeling pretty hot and tired but still reasonably keen to continue to the viewpoint over the brow of a hill. Whilst discussing how much further it could be a Spaniard stopped and we pointed out on our map where we wanted to go. In his best English he said that it was another hour away. Upon hearing this, our decision was made so we rested on a bench overlooking the bay and took in the view whilst listening to the birds chirping before returning back to town for a well earnt coffee around the plaza.



Comments