The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Combarro - a proper Galego town

Combarro is as far as we're concerned, a proper Galego town and certainly one of the quaintest and most compact that we've seen with many 'horreos' all lining the waterfront.



The narrow streets, lined with little houses with granite stone balconies seem to intertwine with very few straight lines.





Meandered past several small souvenir shops selling pagan bits n' bobs, witches, local food products, wine and tortilla lids we were enticed by some great atmospheric bars and tavernas around the waterfront.



Since arriving in Spain, we've noticed that 'Pulpo' (Octopus) is very popular and we've felt that we should at least give it go before we move onto Portugal so this was our ideal opportunity... but whilst sat at the table about to order neither of us could face it so we copped out and ordered a 'Tortilla' (Spanish omelette) and 'Pimientos de Padron' (small green peppers fried and sprinkled with coarse salt with the occasional one particularly hot and spicy) served with a glass of local 'Albarino' wine. Delicious!



Whilst here, we also took the opportunity to visit the local daily market which was surprisingly small - literally five stalls so it's a good thing that the supermarket is just up the road.

Being such a small town, we've even taken time out to relax and generally enjoy the surroundings... lovely.


Comments