The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

SOLD - Heavenly Twins 27 Catamaran “Distant Drummer”

Today is both an exciting and an emotional day for us as we hand over the ownership of "Distant Drummer" to a lovely couple from Cornwall.

Some three weeks ago we flew to La Rochelle (this time via Porto....rather than Stansted) and set to work cleaning and polishing her so she looked at her best for the new owners to see her.

Last Friday a surveyor did his best to find fault and we're pleased to say for all concerned that nothing significant was found and he verbally commented how well equipped and maintained "Distant Drummer" really was.

Completion was today....so there was nothing for it but to celebrate with a couple of Pichet's of France's finest at the local moules bar.



Regular readers of our blog will know how fond we were of "Distant Drummer" and how she looked after us when conditions got particularly nasty.....so we're extremely confident that the new owners will feel exactly the same once they get some sea miles under their belt. We wish them the very best for their life afloat.

For us all that remains is to launch and rig "Distant Drummer" next week so that she is ready for her trip home to the UK.

Atlantic Yacht Deliveries (Chris Brunt and his team) have been commissioned for the trip and we had the pleasure of meeting them yesterday and enjoyed their company for most of the evening - Thanks lads it was really great to meet you all.



"Distant Drummer's new home port will be Falmouth, not to many miles away from "Camargue" (our older Heavenly Twins) which is in the same estuary.


Comments