The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

holiday in the hills

Whilst we were finalising the sale of Drummer, my Aunt Ros (Sorry Aunty...lol) suggested a family get together at her place. Katy and family (my cousin) would be there initially so it would be a lovely opportunity to meet up. I haven't seen my cousin for many years and I've only seen her daughter Iris and son Alex in photo's.

Following a couple of phone calls and after checking flight availability, Gaynor, my Mum was booked to fly out and a hire car arranged for the duration.

"Transfer Day" arrived.....and with it aircraft delays! Mum was at Bristol Airport and boarding when the news arrived that there were technical problems with the plane and an alternative plane was being called. Meanwhile we were on route to the airport having spent an enjoyable day in Faro. It was going to be a long day with Mum arriving well past midnight and then nearly an hour's drive to my Aunt and Uncles.

Apparently I was flavour of the month with both Alex and Iris having shown them both Flirties engines and also after walking down the beach with Alex so he could show me a crab he had come across and didn't like. At mealtimes they insisted on sitting next to me and when they were playing with their tablets I was shown things that their Mum and Dad weren't allowed to see :-)


Lunch around the pool

Unfortunately time went just too quick and we were saying goodbye to Katy, Denis, Alex & Iris who were returning home to Holland.

The next week or so was spent generally chilling with plenty of time in or around the pool, visiting
some new and old places of interest - Carvoeiro, Alvor, Portimao, Silves, Messines to name a few and of course eating out in the many eateries in the area.


Coffee @ Algar Seco


Beach bar @ Algar Seco


View towards Carvoeiro


Ros - guilty moment


View from Alvor Prom


Alvor Promenade


View from Escondido Bar towards Portimao





Coffee around the pool


Mum "Chillin"


Mum & I "Chillin"


Cheeky Caroline


The hat


Phil - caught on camera

Before we knew it we were making our way back to the airport and with it an emotional goodbye to Mum.

I think it's fair to say a fab time was had by all!

Thank you once again Ros and Phil for putting us up.....or should I say putting up with us ;-)


Comments