The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

lazy days socialising at anchor

From the moment we arrived at the anchorage our social diary has been pretty full meeting new and catching up with old friends. We found ourselves anchored near to a fellow sailor, Len from 'Colonel Bogey' (we previously met Len whilst wintering in Portimao Marina). Needless to say time was spent catching up with him over a cuppa or two.

The following day we heard a shout and saw some frantic waving from a couple off a German yacht named 'Bomica' which was anchored to one side of us. With their waves and shouts they clearly appeared to know us, however we didn't recall knowing them or their yacht. It transpired that they knew Richard and Judy, the previous owners of Flirtie meeting them in Portugal six years ago. At the time Charly and Lisa (plus their two ships cats) were about to embark on a journey travelling around South America via the Beagle channel. We spent a lovely evening with them hearing all about their journey and their latest plans.

One lazy afternoon Peter from 'Salara' rowed over to introduce himself. Needless to say, more time was spent chatting over cups of tea as well as sharing the occasional beer!

Then one night out of the blue, who should turn up but our Lisbon friends, Simon and Jenny from 'Fenicia'. This time we did the frantic waving and welcoming shouts. They were staying over for just one night but we did manage to spend a few hours together catching up with their news and travel plans and they gave us the latest on our other Lisbon friends, Clare and Vic and David and Marcia who are well and truly in the Med.



Apart from the socialising, we've been out on a few day sails, tested out the dinghy on our new davits and learnt one or two things with regards to solar energy and our battery consumption which resulted in a couple of impromptu overnight visits to the marina to recharge batteries!

Now we're ready to do some cruising...


Comments