The adventures of Yacht Flirtie

"Hi, we are sailing yacht Flirtie's crew, Bruce and Caroline. Welcome to our blog.

Ibiza, Santa Eulalia

Life in Santa Eulalia runs at a slower and more relaxing pace but not on sailing yacht Flirtie... oh no. We're running around like headless chickens trying to get as much done within the next two days as possible, taking advantage of all the facilities here.

Our main priority was to change the oil in both engines then find the local supermarket for supplies, wash the dirt and salt off Flirtie, wash clothes and top up our water tanks with a few 8 litre bottles of water. Whilst at anchor water has suddenly become the focus. The water on Ibiza is not to be consumed as it contains higher quantities of salt, tastes unpleasant and is not particularly good for stainless steel tanks. We have therefore been topping up our water tanks by purchasing bottled water from the local supermarkets then refilling the empties with local water for washing up etc. The price for fresh water varies considerable from cents to €2 for 8 litres.

Whilst here we thought that we would be able to fit in a bus trip to Ibiza town too but sadly we didn't get the opportunity. Instead we spent a lovely afternoon walking around the town of Santa Eulalia with its beautiful, palm-lined promenade running the length of the broad sandy beach. There are some excellent hotels and apartments in and around the town. Some very exclusive shops and many restaurants all very inviting. Nightlife is on the quieter side. Around the marina complex there are many bars and restaurants - certainly plenty to choose from plus a well stocked chandlers 'Nautica V.Mari'.

We weren't the only yacht to seek refuge following the antics at Cala Llonga, two other did the same. Needless to say it was topical conversation between us all.


Comments