Diva Di's Cruising Adventures

Day 71 - Worton Creek, MD

11 June 2012 | Docked at Worton Creek Marina
Sun 10 Jun 2012
Docked at Worton Creek Marina

[pool at the marina]

We elected to leave the air conditioning running all night and the way the ducting works, it was still not very cool in the V-berth. It was certainly pleasant enough, just not cold like the main saloon. Breakfast waited until after doing some more polishing of the stainless steel while the fast-rising sun was not quite blazing hot. Even then, less than an hour later it was time to quit.

With the air running and having a lazy day ahead, it was a good time to cook up some eggs, sausage and toast for breakfast. Then, with the extra time, we decided to prepare and bake a large tray of Lasagna for meals later this week. While that was baking, there was time to chat with our nearby dock mates. All were nice and most were heading out today for a short excursion. The sailors lamented the lack of wind and the power boaters reveled in it.

Diane went for a long walk up the hill to see what there was to see, while Duane got out the charts, guidebooks, tide tables, and consulted the smartphone Navionics App for current info. We need to have the current with us for both the Chesapeake and Delaware (C & D) canal and the trip down the Delaware Bay. If we were leaving today, it would be great, but not being able to leave until Thu or Fri means that we will be traveling late in the day to go with the current.

After enough of all that planning stuff, it was time to bring a small taste of the Lasagna up to Diane at the pool, along with a refreshing beverage and a good book. I really do like most children, but my heart sank a bit when I neared the pool and heard the loud shouts of "Marco - Polo." There were three young girls playing there without adult supervision and taking over the whole pool. I would have preferred to stand in the pool at the edge reading my new book, but that was not going to happen unless I spoiled their play, so I sat with Diane a while and then went back to the boat. I will try again later.

Later was a little better as the girls had moved on to quieter games. We enjoyed a few delightful hours in the pool reading our books when Harvey appeared. He and Sara had just driven down from PA to load up their boat and hope to leave Tue morning for Oxford, MD. Harvey asked me to give him the benefit of some engineering advice on a last-minute project, but I suspect he has it all figured out.

We had cocktails and snacks aboard their beautiful (new-to-them) boat, and finally had to disengage from the fascinating conversation to get some supper. The Lasagna turned out well and we were quite satisfied by 2030. The night is extremely still and now comfortable, but the bugs are coming out and it is time to head below with the screens in the hatches.
Comments
Vessel Name: Diva Di
Vessel Make/Model: PDQ MV34 Power Cat
Hailing Port: Punta Gorda, FL
Crew: Duane and Diane

Diva Di Crew

Who: Duane and Diane
Port: Punta Gorda, FL