Diva Di's Cruising Adventures

Light at the end of the tunnel

19 March 2015
After reaching my conclusions on the port engine problem, the folks from Stuart Yacht agreed the turbo oil seals were leaking badly and offered to ship me a brand new turbo ASAP. There was no talk of cost, so I am hoping they will be dealing with whoever rebuilt that turbo for them last fall. We have already incurred more than enough unanticipated expense.

As I type this on Thu afternoon, I await the late day delivery of the turbo and will do the installation tomorrow afternoon. The morning is dedicated to pre-departure medical appointments. It was a royal pain to get the old unit off, but now that I know the nature of this beast, I hope the installation will go smoothly.

Diane and I spent a good part of the day setting up the garage with borrowed tables for the garage sale we are having with a few other neighbors. It is hard to know how to price things because if you happen to need and item and have to pay retail, it might cost $100, but you'll have a hard time getting $10 at a garage sale. We don't intend to let extreme bargain hunters get the best of us; if the offered price is ridiculous, we will simply donate it to the local, which takes almost everything.

The late afternoon tomorrow will be spent with the custom canvas installer who is making some mesh curtains for the stern of the boat. There is a nice bench seat there, but it wold be very easy for wallets, phones, etc, to fall into the water. The curtain will prevent that. There will also be a mesh bag hanging off the davits aside the bench to stow the dinghy tie-down straps and other dinghy-related gear. That will save having to stow it inside the cabin and keep it very handy.

Tomorrow should prove to be a tiring day, but hopefully the day our known problems are behind us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Diva Di
Vessel Make/Model: PDQ MV34 Power Cat
Hailing Port: Punta Gorda, FL
Crew: Duane and Diane

Diva Di Crew

Who: Duane and Diane
Port: Punta Gorda, FL