Diva Di's Cruising Adventures

Turbo is in and seems to run well!

21 March 2015
Today was a busy day. We were both up before 0600 to make final preparations for the big neighborhood garage sale. As expected, the 0800-1300 time yielded our first customers at 0720. We didn't care as long as they were buying.

While Diane and a friend staffed the sale, at 0900 I was down on the boat with the canvas guy to help him install all the snaps for the mesh fabric we ordered. It mounts behind the large bench seat on the transom and will prevent things from falling out of people's pockets or off the deck into the water. I think he did a good job and we like the result. We'll get into photos more once we get underway.

The BIG news, however, is that the fasteners came overnight to reassemble the turbo, so I did that late morning. My friend, Dennis, came over to assist with the actual installation and his help made the job more manageable, for sure. I had to interrupt the work to meet with the buyer of our sailboat to settle up the final share of post-sale repairs, but when I got back, it didn't take too long to finish attaching hoses, refill fluids, and start her up.

It ran with no smoke, and there were no leaks in the many hoses, pipes, and flange fittings. As my Canadian friend, Mike, would say: Huzzah!

I let it get up to temperature under moderate load at the dock and then let her cool down. Tomorrow morning I will re-torque the major fasteners and then close up the engine room for while.

We are tied up tomorrow, but maybe we can take her out for a full speed run on Mon.
Comments
Vessel Name: Diva Di
Vessel Make/Model: PDQ MV34 Power Cat
Hailing Port: Punta Gorda, FL
Crew: Duane and Diane

Diva Di Crew

Who: Duane and Diane
Port: Punta Gorda, FL