Diva Di's Cruising Adventures

One day to go - weather looks yucky

26 March 2015
We have enjoyed terrific weather for quite a few weeks now and suddenly it is likely to be rainy and windy the day we leave. We are not surprised, or daunted. The club's cruise is still on as far as we know, but the participants have dwindled to half already. We need 3 participating boats to make it an official cruise, and I suspect we will make it with at least that many.

With the boat almost 100% packed, except for the last-minute items from the home fridge and freezer, we have concentrated on securing the house. All the hurricane shutters are installed except for the front door, since friends need a way to check the house. We moved almost everything that could fly around in a big storm inside the house or garage for safety.

My last shopping experience here was buying a new set of knee pads. I have found them invaluable working on the boat and around the house and I actually wore my first pair out. Speaking of which, I wore out 3 shirts in the last 3 months from all the boat work. After the yard sale, our garage looks neater than it has in many years.

The cars will be washed today, and they already have full gas tanks to reduce moisture intrusion due to condensation of moist air. We have a short list of things to do early on Fri and then we shove off. We would like to be anchored securely before the wind pipes up later in the day.
Comments
Vessel Name: Diva Di
Vessel Make/Model: PDQ MV34 Power Cat
Hailing Port: Punta Gorda, FL
Crew: Duane and Diane

Diva Di Crew

Who: Duane and Diane
Port: Punta Gorda, FL