Diva Di's Cruising Adventures

Day 86 - Brewerton, NY

22 June 2015
Day 86 - Sun 21 Jun 2015
Docked - Brewerton, NY

I am officially getting lazy. I am now sleeping until past 0600 many mornings, and twice now I have not written a single word in this blog until the following day. I attribute it to being stuck in one place for too long. Despite the fun and camaraderie with the great people here, it is past time to move along and see new things.

Today was filled with more boat cleaning and waxing chores. I am not able to get a good, even shine, but I feel better having a fresh application of protective wax on the boat. I also scrubbed all the fenders as clean as they can get and we will endeavor to keep them from rubbing against the lock walls if we can.

Tying to rest my shoulders a bit, I took a break and made up another batch of chicken marsala for tonight's supper. My latest secret (well, not anymore) is to dredge the chicken medallions in powdered chicken gravy mix instead of flour. It gives it a nice extra zing that pairs well with the marsala wine.

After a long and somewhat tiring day, I got my shower and then sat at the picnic table with a beverage. Sure enough, a few more boaters came over and we had a couple of good conversations going. Klaus told a long, but very fascinating story of how his family spent WWII in China, and in 1951 wound up moving to the USA where he joined the US military for a long career.

When it got near dusk around 2030, the mosquitoes started to appear, so I went back at the got the rest of the supper ready. It is very unusual for us to eat so late. We each read our books a bit and called it a night. Hopefully, we will have more new and exciting things to tell in a few days.
Comments
Vessel Name: Diva Di
Vessel Make/Model: PDQ MV34 Power Cat
Hailing Port: Punta Gorda, FL
Crew: Duane and Diane

Diva Di Crew

Who: Duane and Diane
Port: Punta Gorda, FL