Diva Di's Cruising Adventures

Day 18 - Brewerton, NY

16 June 2016
Day 18 - Wed 15 Jun 2016
Docked - Brewerton, NY

[photo: 8 PDQ34s rafted at the Winter Harbor Marina]

Well, this is probably a first. We got to Brewerton by 0810 on Wed and I didn't blog a word, nor think about the blog until Thu about 1530. That is how busy we were.

So, we left at 0530 and crossed Oneida Lake in great time with almost no wave action. We got to Winter Harbor Marina before they opened, so we tied up in a good spot behind Building Our Wings. Several other PDQs were there and rafted up already, with several more 'on the hard' ready to be splashed.

Once situated, we grabbed the Mercedes courtesy car to make a big errand excursion. Now, I have respect for Mercedes cars, but even at 15 or so years old, I would never have wanted to own this. I just did not get the design or layout of the various controls. Anyway, we were grateful to have the vehicle to get more provisions. Diane had been very concerned that with so many people congregating here at the same time, we would have problems getting vehicle access, but we had it all done essentially by noon on the first day.

We got to know a number of other PDQ owners during the day and had a simple cocktail and appetizer gathering at the picnic tables. Fortunately, I had prepared a simple 'stir fry' earlier, so we had about half a dinner portion before the cocktails, then ate much less and healthier with the snacks.

We sat outside enjoying wonderful weather conditions until an early bedtime. We will be here for several days and the weather promises to be terrific for at least a few more days.
Comments
Vessel Name: Diva Di
Vessel Make/Model: PDQ MV34 Power Cat
Hailing Port: Punta Gorda, FL
Crew: Duane and Diane

Diva Di Crew

Who: Duane and Diane
Port: Punta Gorda, FL