Dol'Selene

Christmas and New Year Greetings

22 December 2011
Photo: Townsville Christmas

Another year of our cruising life has skipped by; a year of Australian cruising and sightseeing inland, together with our brief flight around the world to see family. This year has seen us cover just under 3000 nautical miles, from Sydney, south to Tasmania at latitude 43ºS then back across Bass Strait and up the Australian east coast to the Whitsundays and finally to Townsville where we are at present at 19ºS. We will spend Christmas day here, with very warm conditions, before driving to Noosa for New Year.
Next year it is off further north to the top of Australia before heading for Asia and the joys of new places, new cruising friends, different cultures and adventures.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and an excellent 2012, whatever it has in store for you and your loved ones.

Brian and Gail
Comments
Vessel Name: Dol'Selene
Vessel Make/Model: Warwick 47 cutter, built in three skins of New Zealand heart kauri timber, glassed over.
Hailing Port: Auckland, New Zealand
Crew: Brian & Gail Jolliffe
About: Brian and Gail have retired, at least for now, to enjoy the opportunity to cruise further afield than has been possible in recent years.
Extra:
Current cruising plans are not too well advanced but we are inspired by Mark Twain’s quote “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your [...]