Drapers gone cruising on Cunard Queen Elizabeth

Brisbane to Southhampton

19 March 2015
19 March 2015
19 March 2015
19 March 2015
19 March 2015
18 March 2015
18 March 2015
18 March 2015
18 March 2015
18 March 2015
18 March 2015
18 March 2015
08 March 2015 | Cairns
08 March 2015 | More pics
08 March 2015
08 March 2015
07 March 2015

First day at sea

11 January 2013
Rob and Patsy Weather raining
Rocky old night with the wind howling around our balcony French doors didn't affect me to much as it was like having stereo tinnitus!

We have to adjust our timepieces back by an hour a day as we cross the Atlantic, well we did it on the wrong day and missed breakfast!!
Not all was lost as there is the Lido restaurant on the top deck that serves food all day so we did get breakfast after all.

We attended a very interesting talk by "Jane Asher" about her acting career accompanied by lots of pictures and video. I didn't realise that she was in the film "The Quatermass experiment" which I saw as a young lad at the Odeon cinema in Kingswood scared the hell out of me then but peanuts by today's standards!

14:00 Went to the theatre again to watch a movie followed by cream teas. Ship still rocking and rolling but not too unpleasant.

Catering doesn't seem to be as slick as the last time we sailed on this ship but they are having to cope with a lot of changes to combat the spread of the Noro virus. We have to careful about touching our mouths or food and there is obligatory hand wash as you enter the restaurants. Now do I wash my hands before or after I press the lift button?
But really isn't to much hassle, generally after the first 48 hours after we sail some of the restrictions are eased as that's the incubation period for the virus.

Looking forward to dinner tonight in the Britannia restaurant, we are on a table of eight - you get to meet an interesting cross section of people that way.
Comments
Vessel Name: Queen Elizabeth
Vessel Make/Model: Cunard/Queen Elizabeth
Hailing Port: Southampton England
Crew: Rob Draper Patsy Draper

Cruisers

Who: Rob Draper Patsy Draper
Port: Southampton England