Cruising with Kids: S/V Dream Catcher

We've sold the house, bought the boat and will homeschool our children for the next year or two aboard our 43' Sailing Catamaran. Follow the adventures of the Daniels' family as they cruise the caribbean.

10 July 2007 | Provincetown, MA
29 June 2007 | Cape May, NJ
18 June 2007 | Washington DC
04 June 2007 | Beaufort, NC
22 May 2007 | Green Turtle
20 May 2007 | Green Turtle
19 May 2007 | Guana Cay
12 May 2007 | Hope town Abacos
03 May 2007 | Eluthera Island
23 April 2007 | Fernandez Bay, Cat Island
14 April 2007 | Dover New Hampshire
02 April 2007 | Georgetown
21 March 2007 | Turks & Caicos
17 March 2007 | Mayaguana
10 March 2007 | Georgetown, Bahamas
01 March 2007 | Jamentos
27 February 2007 | Thompson Bay, LI
15 February 2007 | Georgetown
07 February 2007 | Georgetown
25 January 2007 | Conception, Exumas

Need more power

25 August 2006 | Waquit Bay
Dave and Lisa
Since our departure from Hyannis port we spent 3 days in Waquit bay. While there we hooked up with our new friends on Dream Maker, who were kind enough to drive us in to Falmouth to pick up some greatly needed batteries, groceries and as a bonus a visit to a West marine store. A little background on the batteries are needed. I started noticing several weeks back that every morning our number 1 bank was complaining of low battery power. We have four 6 volt golf cart batteries that make up bank 1 and two 6 volt batteries on bank 2. This gives us a total of 600 amp hrs of battery power which is plenty of power and should only require recharging every couple of days. While getting ready for our departure I neglected to check out the batteries and what I found last week on inspection was 2 of the 4 batteries had cracks and no fluid. It turns out that these were the original batteries and were overdue to be replaced. So with 4 new batteries we are at full power again. Along with being a beautiful anchorage, Waquit Bay is known for its abundance of shellfish. We enjoyed mussels, quahogs, mud clams, and blue crab, which Lisa turned into delicious meals. Our last night there we even enjoyed a campfire on the beach of a deserted island. About 10 minutes after we started the fire, the camp manager came by on his boat to ask us to let it burn out. He felt badly asking us to do that, but rules are rules. We had all of our ingredients ready to make smores. So we did just as we were told after adding one more substantial log, we let it burn out. The kids were so excited about a fire, we didn't want to disappoint.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dream Catcher
Vessel Make/Model: Voyage Norseman 430
Hailing Port: Dover Point, NH
Crew: The Daniels
About: Dave , Lisa, DJ (13). Nicole (11)
Extra:
We've sold the house, bought the boat and will homeschool our children for the next year or two aboard our 43' Sailing Catamaran. Follow the adventures of the Daniels' family as they cruise the caribbean. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/dreamcatcher/

Our Profile

Who: The Daniels
Port: Dover Point, NH