Cruising with Kids: S/V Dream Catcher

We've sold the house, bought the boat and will homeschool our children for the next year or two aboard our 43' Sailing Catamaran. Follow the adventures of the Daniels' family as they cruise the caribbean.

10 July 2007 | Provincetown, MA
29 June 2007 | Cape May, NJ
18 June 2007 | Washington DC
04 June 2007 | Beaufort, NC
22 May 2007 | Green Turtle
20 May 2007 | Green Turtle
19 May 2007 | Guana Cay
12 May 2007 | Hope town Abacos
03 May 2007 | Eluthera Island
23 April 2007 | Fernandez Bay, Cat Island
14 April 2007 | Dover New Hampshire
02 April 2007 | Georgetown
21 March 2007 | Turks & Caicos
17 March 2007 | Mayaguana
10 March 2007 | Georgetown, Bahamas
01 March 2007 | Jamentos
27 February 2007 | Thompson Bay, LI
15 February 2007 | Georgetown
07 February 2007 | Georgetown
25 January 2007 | Conception, Exumas

Lobster, its about time

10 January 2007 | Georgetown
Dave
We have been in Georgetown about 2 weeks now and still having a good time, but I am starting to get itchy to move on. Lisa and I long for remote locations, and like I mentioned in my previous update we will be moving on with the next weather window that comes through. Yesterday the winds died down to just about dead calm, which around here translates into a hunting day. A day where many cruisers will venture out to the ocean side in their dingy to hunt for that elusive lobster. We declared it an abbreviated school day and our hunting party consisting of Le' Cat, Tabitha and Dream Catcher. Before I was even done setting the anchor to the dingy, DJ had spotted a good size lobster in about 20' of water. He made several dives and tickled the lobster out of its den, than requested I go down to finish him off. The pressure at that depth was pretty strong but I managed to get off 2 shots and brought him up kicking and screaming. After spending about an hour there with no additional sightings we moved on to our next reef, were another lobster was spotted in the first 5 minutes. It was Eric's (Tabitha) turn for the kill and he proceeded to do just that. At that point our luck had ran out so we headed home with two lobsters bagged for the day, which Lisa and Sue (Tabitha) turned into a great meal, and were served up at another bon fire last night.
Not much else new to report, the kids continue to have a great time with lots of new friends showing up daily. Lisa continues to fill her social calendar and along with the yoga, basket weaving, and volleyball she is know doing water colors. She had received some lessons (oils) from her friend Alex back home and know looks forward to getting some additional pointers from Sue on Tabitha. I have thrown in the towel on the refrigerator unit, which runs at about 80% but never gets cold enough for the thermostat to shut it down, which in turn runs the batteries down. We have decided to move all our perishables into the freezer unit and only run the frig for a couple hours a day to chill the vegetables. It looks like this will work well until we get back to the states and to get the unit recharged. We'll that's all for now.

Comments
Vessel Name: Dream Catcher
Vessel Make/Model: Voyage Norseman 430
Hailing Port: Dover Point, NH
Crew: The Daniels
About: Dave , Lisa, DJ (13). Nicole (11)
Extra:
We've sold the house, bought the boat and will homeschool our children for the next year or two aboard our 43' Sailing Catamaran. Follow the adventures of the Daniels' family as they cruise the caribbean. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/dreamcatcher/

Our Profile

Who: The Daniels
Port: Dover Point, NH