Cruising with Kids: S/V Dream Catcher

We've sold the house, bought the boat and will homeschool our children for the next year or two aboard our 43' Sailing Catamaran. Follow the adventures of the Daniels' family as they cruise the caribbean.

10 July 2007 | Provincetown, MA
29 June 2007 | Cape May, NJ
18 June 2007 | Washington DC
04 June 2007 | Beaufort, NC
22 May 2007 | Green Turtle
20 May 2007 | Green Turtle
19 May 2007 | Guana Cay
12 May 2007 | Hope town Abacos
03 May 2007 | Eluthera Island
23 April 2007 | Fernandez Bay, Cat Island
14 April 2007 | Dover New Hampshire
02 April 2007 | Georgetown
21 March 2007 | Turks & Caicos
17 March 2007 | Mayaguana
10 March 2007 | Georgetown, Bahamas
01 March 2007 | Jamentos
27 February 2007 | Thompson Bay, LI
15 February 2007 | Georgetown
07 February 2007 | Georgetown
25 January 2007 | Conception, Exumas

Home for Easter

14 April 2007 | Dover New Hampshire
Dave and Lisa
This is a picture Nicole took of us in Turks and Caicos. We are standing on the hill that shipwrecked sailors of the 1800's spent time looking for a rescue boat. It is a great view of the island.


After spending a couple days in Georgetown securing the boat and making plans for our cat Dallas, we caught our flight back to NH. Wouldn't you know it, mother nature wasn't done with winter and threw one more snowstorm down just when we were leaving the airport. It was tough enough getting acclimated to driving again, let alone in a blizzard. I must say it was a beautiful sight. We had a crazy week in NH catching up with family and friends as well as spending some quality time with Jack. The kids even had an opportunity to visit their school and say hey to friends. It was nice being home and seeing everyone, but it was difficult getting used to the constant barrage of news, the dry air which reeked havoc on our skin, and the kid's constant need to watch TV and Instant Message their friends. As I type this, I am looking out over a beautiful bay filled with clear turquoise water and pristine undisturbed beaches. The topography is quite a contrast from New England. The truly great thing about going home, is coming back and realizing that this will only last a couple more weeks. So, we are now acting like vacationers. We pumped up the raft for lounging in the water, which is 80 degrees. Swimming and fun is the number one priority. We have been exploring the island much more than the previous visits. We are feeling the pressure of returning to land life soon, and we want to get in as much as possible before returning to the superficial world. Speaking of the superficial world and the land of abundance, prior to our departure, we took advantage of the cheaper food prices and filled three suitcases full of goodies for the trip back to the boat. DJ's friend Celine from Red Beans watched over Dallas while we were gone. She was a wonderful help and picked us up at the docks upon our return. Thankfully she has a center console skiff that could hold all of our belongings. The friends we have made here have made this feel like a second home. It is amazing, the 360 turnaround we have made since the first time we reported in about Georgetown. I guess it is like everywhere else in the world, you have to be patient and look for the greatness of a certain destination.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dream Catcher
Vessel Make/Model: Voyage Norseman 430
Hailing Port: Dover Point, NH
Crew: The Daniels
About: Dave , Lisa, DJ (13). Nicole (11)
Extra:
We've sold the house, bought the boat and will homeschool our children for the next year or two aboard our 43' Sailing Catamaran. Follow the adventures of the Daniels' family as they cruise the caribbean. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/dreamcatcher/

Our Profile

Who: The Daniels
Port: Dover Point, NH