s/v DreamCatcher

Join us as we explore God's incredible world......

16 December 2019
01 December 2019
28 November 2019
27 November 2019
25 November 2019
23 November 2019
21 November 2019
15 November 2019
14 November 2019
12 November 2019
10 November 2019
02 November 2019
30 October 2019

Providencia

04 April 2014
March 27 – April 4, 2014 Most frequent question about our lifestyle – what do you do all day?? Example - our water tank was getting low, so we determined to unpickle the water maker (unused since November). Started the generator, ran for five minutes then shut down – OK, what’s up with that?? Trouble shooting revealed 3 quarts of oil in the pan under the generator – ugh! Cleaned up, and carefully inspected, but no cause was found. Changed oil filter, refilled and Gina started while Bruce observed – found leak on an external oil pipe (hidden by the injector pump). A replacement part was ordered with overnight shipping to Kelley ($29 part/$60 shipping). Went ashore with the part hoping to find one, but no success. Were thankful to learn of a welder – so Bruce brushed up on his Spanish, took the dink and headed for the fishermen’s dock. Bruce: Buenos tardes, Fisherman: Hello. Bruce: Yo necessito soldador. Fisherman: You need a welder? Come with me, I’ll take you. Quarter mile walk to a combined shop for truck painting/motor scooter repair and a whole lot of screaming in Spanish brings a welder. Welder looks at the part, says “ugh” and points to a chair. 15 minutes later the welder hands Bruce the welded part – Bruce: Cuanto es? Welder: 20,000 pesos ($10) and the next time you’re on the island I’ll make a completely new unit for you (perfect English!). Reinstalled tube, minor diesel leaks corrected (with self made gaskets), generator now working – time to turn on the water maker. Water maker primary pump keeps blowing circuit breaker. Sigh. Trouble shooting reveals locker full of salt water – two days later we have rebuilt the pump and we now have full water tanks (thank you Lord). Now the fresh water pump dies. Sigh again. After multiple pump changes we have a jury rigged pump that only works when the power supply is connected by hand. Hurry Kelley and get here with our parts!! Finding the source of the water leak is a project for another day. Photo is of DreamCatcher’s message in a bottle (lavender paper of course!!).
Comments
Vessel Name: DreamCatcher
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 45
Hailing Port: Clearwater, FL
Crew: Bruce Senay & Gina Gibson
DreamCatcher's Photos - Main
16 Photos
Created 7 April 2020
47 Photos
Created 13 December 2018
37 Photos
Created 2 August 2017
62 Photos
Created 20 January 2017
67 Photos
Created 20 January 2017