Travels of Early Out

17 March 2012 | West Palm Beach, FL
16 March 2012 | Hawksbill Cay
13 March 2012 | Staniel Cay
11 March 2012 | Black Point, Exumas
10 March 2012 | Black Point, Exumas
05 March 2012 | Fernandez Bay, Cat Isand
22 February 2012 | Old Bight, Cat Island
21 February 2012
20 February 2012
17 February 2012
15 February 2012
14 February 2012
13 February 2012 | Current Cut
13 February 2012 | Glass Window, Eleuthera
12 February 2012 | Spanish Wells
11 February 2012 | Spanish Wells
09 February 2012 | Royal Island
08 February 2012 | Lynyard Cay
07 February 2012 | Hope Town, Abacos

Golf Cart Tour

12 February 2012 | Spanish Wells
Fred
On day two we walked around and found a 'take away' with great hamburgers. They had lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, onion rings and special sauce, yum yum. A 'take away' is Bahamian for Take Out food. This one was near a school and catered to the kids mostly but we were there on a Saturday and had no problem getting good service. The restaurant was called the Snack Shack and apparently used to be a bank. In fact the order window you walk up to and place your take away order was the old ATM/drive through window. We were joking with the lady taking our order. She said this is the only ATM machine around that now takes your money vs. giving you some. Fun place.

Later in the day Debbie decided to do some laundry. The best option was one washer and one dryer in a closet open to the outside behind a store. The equipment was fairly good but just a rather odd setting. She had Fred drop her off at the dock so she had time to shop while the clothes were in the machines. Not a good move by Fred, oh well. Debbie now has some new conch earrings. At least Fred had some free internet from the boat so he could catch up on a few things.

That night the wind howled at 20-30 knots. We were glad to be on a secure mooring and not have to worry about our anchor or the boats around us dragging into us.

The temps cooled down but we decided to head to shore and see if we could find a golf cart rental place open on a Sunday. We got lucky, the rental place was not open, but the owner, Abner, was there and said if we brought back the cart before two we could have it. We split the cost with Bob & Diane and had great 2 hour tour of Spanish Wells and Russell Island. Saw a lot of things we had never seen before. A whole new perspective including Haitian villages that are tucked away out of site as well as several developments that look like they've been in the development stage for some time.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ealy Out
Vessel Make/Model: Caliber 40LRC
Hailing Port: Cincinnati, Ohio
Crew: Debbie and Fred

Early Out

Who: Debbie and Fred
Port: Cincinnati, Ohio