Echo Beach

26 October 2019
26 October 2019
24 October 2019
22 October 2019
18 October 2019
14 October 2019
08 October 2019
06 October 2019
05 October 2019
01 October 2019
29 September 2019
18 September 2019
16 September 2019
14 September 2019
06 September 2019
04 September 2019
03 September 2019

While in Perth......

05 November 2013 | Manly, Qld
Windy
We are back on 'Echo Beach' at RQYS, Manly, Qld and we'll try and head off tomorrow for Peel Island (if the wind drops as expected) - it's close to here and it would help us feel like we are progressing towards home. Its only a short trip and apparently a lovely place so it will hopefully give us some beautiful quiet time together. To get to the Gold Coast from here we need to push down through some very narrow passages and shallow murky waters all with the right tides, good planning and some prolonged concentration - so we need to rest up before have a go at this. After we master that passage, and when we leave the Gold Coast we will have our longest passage - hopefully to Yamba or maybe Coffs Harbour if the weather misbehaves.
We did manage to catch up with a lot of people in Perth - and those events have a habit of doing this. It was good to be able to spend time with my family. Initially we stayed at a beautifully restored historic grand house 'Earlsferry' on the banks of the Swan River not far from Dad's Aged Care home. On the weekend we stayed with a close friend Ray down in Fremantle - unfortunately wife Judy was in Melbourne with grandkids however Ray looked after us well and we were even able to have dinner with Ray and our close friend Wayne from Sydney who happened to be in Perth visiting his mother, brother and sister - it was an amazing coincidence and good to be with close friends as well in these times. Ray arranged some light relief for us on Sunday morning with a social game of lawn bowls at the Fremantle Bowling Club - he even talked Leanne into bowling a few 'ends' which was amazing - she was pretty good particularly with her last bowls, often knocking Ray's out of a winning position so that I would win a few 'ends' - sorry Ray, thanks Leanne x. Anyway we had to return North for the service and arrangements and we went back to 'Earlsferry' which was very good -thanks to Martin and Jane who really looked after us. My daughter Mandy joined us here as well.
So we are back 'home' on Echo Beach and looking forward to resuming the 'journey' tomorrow after a nice dinner onboard and relax tonight.
Comments
Vessel Name: Echo Beach
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 405
Hailing Port: Newport, NSW
Crew: Graham & Leanne
Echo Beach's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 13 June 2019
1 Photo
Created 30 March 2013