Echo Beach

26 October 2019
26 October 2019
24 October 2019
22 October 2019
18 October 2019
14 October 2019
08 October 2019
06 October 2019
05 October 2019
01 October 2019
29 September 2019
18 September 2019
16 September 2019
14 September 2019
06 September 2019
04 September 2019
03 September 2019

More best of... and final reflections

27 November 2013 | Home
So to finish... the rest of our 'best of' to share, and a few personal reflections of our journey.

Our Top 'Chill out' Spots
We spent some great days at these spots - typically with superb weather but when it wasn't, they provided some fantastic opportunities to do lots of different things.

Orpheus Island
Yamba
Magnetic Island
Thomas Island
Broughton Island
Mooloolaba

Favourite Walks

Whitsunday Peak, Whitsunday Island
Passage Peak, Hamilton Island
Brampton Island
Dunk Island
Great Keppel Island

Our Favourite Marinas
We spent some time in them given the crazy weather... and our preference to be safe rather than very sorry...

Hamilton Island - and our favourite bar and restaurants
Rosslyn Bay - easy, friendly, nice restaurant)
Nelly's Bay, Magnetic Island - small, nice restaurants
Townsville - good facilities, lots of choices, walks
Southport Yacht Club -great location - wish they could stop the helicopters!
Mooloolaba Yacht Club - seafood markets, restaurants, beach, coastal walks, bicycles and The Boatshed

Best Playlist Songs
Always on hand, watching the sun go down...

Echo Beach
Son of a Son of a Sailor
Take Me Back to the Islands
Mak Taim
Changes in Latitudes
Sundown
Cool Change
On A Silent Summer Evening
A Pirate Looks At 40
Knee Deep
Billabong
Sail Away

And some personal reflections from Skipper Graham:

There comes a time when dreams needs to be actioned - so glad we did this while we are young and able.
Learnt more about myself - some stuff to work on which is all positive.
Wow - we met some beautiful people and hope we can stay in touch with a number of them.
Leanne such a capable person - loved life at sea, a fantastic mate onboard - how lucky am I
Love Mark Twain's words - 'Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.'

And from Leanne:

Bruises will follow me home and form part of my memories....with the beaches, islands, sunsets, sunrises, reflections, water colours, wind (!) and magical times shared with Graham. It's very surreal to sit here now and realise we have done it - I have done it. All the talk and planning, the journey has now been enjoyed and happened, and now it's over....It has been a wonderful 8 months, with my wonderful man who did lots of wonderful things to get us there and back...we adapted easily to life onboard and with each other 24/7.. So where to next?

And a final note of thanks:
Special thanks to Brenda for looking after our stuff, car and being mail lady - Cassandra & David for looking after the other car - Jeff, Brenda, Wayne & Kris for being part of our travels - Matt, Ali, Holly, Summer & Paddy for unforgettable times and amazing desserts - Neil and Tamara for their company and the fish - Jason (GJ's Boss) great support - Jason (Dufour Yachts) 'Echo Beach' delivered. We are also most thankful to Rob Starkey (RPAYC 'Coral Coast Cruise' organiser) for help with the preparation, short courses and 'Rob's Passage Planner' - essential for the trip North.

And Echo Beach out.
Comments
Vessel Name: Echo Beach
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 405
Hailing Port: Newport, NSW
Crew: Graham & Leanne
Echo Beach's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 13 June 2019
1 Photo
Created 30 March 2013