Echo Beach

26 October 2019
26 October 2019
24 October 2019
22 October 2019
18 October 2019
14 October 2019
08 October 2019
06 October 2019
05 October 2019
01 October 2019
29 September 2019
18 September 2019
16 September 2019
14 September 2019
06 September 2019
04 September 2019
03 September 2019

Beachcombing in the GKI's

26 May 2013 | Great Keppel Islands. Qld
Sunny, windy
The last few days have been a day to day proposition as the wind has been strengthening and swells rising.
We have made the most of the past 2 days - leaving the marina early and spending the days on the lee side of Great Keppel Island on Leeke's Beach - out of the wind and in the bright, warm sunshine and crystal clear waters - glorious.
We have walked Leeke's Beach a few times - it is a fairly good walk -observing the hermit crabs, looking at shells, and other marine oddities.
It has been pretty relaxing and we have returned to the comforts of Keppel Bay Marina each night.
Yesterday, Matt, Ali, Holly, Summer and Paddy joined us - it was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. They have stayed out at GKI.
Today the weather has acted up again - though we are reasonably well sheltered in the marina. Notwithstanding outside it would still blow the milk out of your coffee. 25-30 knot winds forecast for the rest of the week so we will amuse ourselves around here.
This morning we had a great breakfast in the sun at the Waterline restaurant in the Marina - the Eggs Benedict were to die for - the best ever and the menu is great - we'll be going back for dinner later in the week.
Over breakfast we had some entertainment when the Yeppoon Ukelele Movement (aka "YUM") turned up for practice - about 30 people playing their Ukeleles - they get together once a month - GJ couldn't help himself and bought a ukulele from them - at worst it will come in handy as a paddle!
We walked around the area today and purchased a $5 seafood cookbook from the Yeppoon Coast Guard, some fresh prawns and fish at the fish market - prawn pasta tonight and seafood creviche tomorrow - yum.
This really is a nice spot.
Comments
Vessel Name: Echo Beach
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 405
Hailing Port: Newport, NSW
Crew: Graham & Leanne
Echo Beach's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 13 June 2019
1 Photo
Created 30 March 2013