"ECLECTIC"

the best of the best.....

07 September 2008 | Home
18 August 2008
07 August 2008
07 August 2008
01 August 2008
07 July 2008
05 July 2008
19 June 2008
07 June 2008 | Heading for St Helena Island
05 June 2008 | Cape Town SA
03 June 2008 | Cape Town SA
28 May 2008 | Cape Town
23 May 2008 | Cape Town SA
21 May 2008 | Cape Town SA
21 May 2008 | Cape Town SA
19 May 2008

Last Blog

07 September 2008 | Home
It is nice to be back in Rhode Island. Donna and I spent Friday night in Dutch Harbor (Jamestown Rhode Island) and the remainder of the weekend in Newport at the Yacht Cub. I have really missed Rhode Island, which has the best sailing and cruising anywhere in the world during the summer.

We are scheduled to be in the Annapolis Boat Show on Columbus Day weekend, so I do not have much time to get everything done before I set sail again. After Annapolis I plan to sail to Palm Beach Florida for Thanksgiving with Aunt Fran. My plan is to spend winter in the Bahamas where hopefully Donna, family and friends will be able to join me.

I am unsure if the blog will continue as I cannot possibly add any more information to what others sailing around the world have written, (and probably much better than what I could do).

Thank you to everyone who supported us and helped Donna when we were apart. I hope someday you all can share time on the boat with us (but not all at the same time, we just do not have the room). This is not the end of our adventure but the beginning of another.

One last quote:

"We live for sailing... Life is just a place we hang out between trips"


Wayne and Donna Stone

Last Leg ...HOME

18 August 2008
Wayne and crew ( Fred Darlington and Tom Hagan) left Ft Lauderdale on Friday August 15th at 9am. It is a 1600 mile sail and Wayne thought it would take between 8 - 10 days to arrive home. (average speed is about 150 miles per day) I haven't heard a word although Tom's wife did hear on Saturday night from Tom via satellite phone that there wasn't much wind and they were approximately 160 miles off the coast of Georgia.
Everyone has been asking me if the tropical storm "Fay" will be a problem. I think the guys are well north of it and if anything may have some favorable winds due to the storm.
I am hoping for an arrival on the weekend as I want to be there when they come into the harbor. I would hate to be at work!!! Can't wait to hear their stories.... Can't imagine what they are eating! Wayne said he would cook. He sure doesn't at home....
I just can't wait .....
Donna
P.S did I mention BIG PARTY when the boat is here?????

Look at the cute Dingy!

07 August 2008
This is our new dingy - the Bluewater Baby! Yes, it does fit in the dingy davits, and the total weight with the engine (15 hp - 4 stroke whatever that means) is 400 lbs. It has a canopy (great for the islands), storage in the front, and a bilge pump isn't it cute????
Donna
Vessel Name: Eclectic
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral 40 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Newport, Rhode Island
Crew: Captain Wayne and Admiral Donna
About:
We are Wayne and Donna from Seekonk, MA (2 miles from the RI border) and have been married for 20 years and now have 2 grown children. We met while working in a hospital (both Registered Nurses) and attended Graduate school together. [...]
Extra: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Discover" Mark Twain

Meet the Crew

Who: Captain Wayne and Admiral Donna
Port: Newport, Rhode Island