Dreamin' of Sailing

Landlocked for a couple days

28 March 2014 | Key West
Kilian
Hallo Hallo
Key West is a good place to be landlocked. It started Tuesday when we came back from our trip through the storm and we decided to hang out one day at the dock because of some pretty rough winds. So we spent Wednesday in Key West and explored the city some more. We had a great time there and discovered some really nice spots in Key West. The next day was similar. We wanted to go out sailing but the winds and the sea was just too rough and so we couldn't get out of the marina. So we figured out a new plan and just drove up the Keys with our car and asked locals for nice places, beaches and other scenic spots. We found a great beach, some old roads which are now pretty much totally covered with mangroves and trees. You had to know that it used to be a street to find it out. We just saw some amazing places in the less crowded parts of the Keys.
The men dressing up like women were some of our favorites ;)
Today we finally could go out, sailed around Key West and are now tied up to a buoy in front of Key West and we are expecting a really nice sunset from here.
Tomorrow will be our day to get back, start packing up our stuff and we'll have to leave Sunday morning, which I am a little sad about. I do like Bend, don't get me wrong on that ;)
Uf Wiederluege
Kilian
Comments
Vessel Name: Elara
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 42 mk2
Hailing Port: La Conner, WA
Crew: Dave and Mari Latimer
About: Dave and Mari live in La Conner, WA, and sail the San Juan Islands and surrounding waters. The blog is used for both sailing and RV adventures.
Extra:
Elara is the 8th largest moon of Jupiter, and is named after Elara, one of the lovers of Zeus and the mother of the giant, Tityus. She was a mortal princess, the daughter of King Orchomenus. Zeus hid her from his wife, Hera, deep within the Earth, where she gave birth to Tityus. We sailed a boat [...]
Elara's Photos - Main
88 Photos
Created 19 December 2016
40 Photos
Created 6 June 2014
71 Photos
Created 17 March 2014
11 Photos
Created 5 July 2013
46 Photos
Created 23 May 2013
Enjoy some photos of our 2012 adventures between St. Helens and Astoria. Stops include Cathlamet, Ilwaco and Astoria.
13 Photos
Created 17 May 2013