Elixir's Sojourns South and North

Larry and Susan Burkett, with canine passengers Carrie and Baxter this time (definitely no help as crew!) and their trip south to the islands of the Caribbean once again

22 May 2010 | Yorktown,VA
03 May 2010 | Fort Pierce, Florida
28 April 2010 | Highborne Cay, Exumas
27 April 2010 | Highborne Cay, Exumas
27 April 2010 | Highborne Cay, Exumas
26 April 2010 | Highborne Cay, Exumas
20 April 2010 | black Point Settlement
20 April 2010
16 April 2010 | Compass Cay
16 April 2010 | Compass Cay
16 April 2010 | Compass Cay
14 April 2010 | Compass Cay
07 April 2010 | Compass Cay
01 April 2010 | Black Point Settlement
30 March 2010
27 March 2010 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
09 March 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island, Bahamas
04 March 2010 | Emerald Bay Marina
03 March 2010 | Emerald Bay Marina
02 March 2010 | Emerald Bay Marina

Guests and More Guests

27 March 2010 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
It has been a while since I put anything on this blog--and for at least two reasons. First, and most importantly, it is because something happens when you get down here near Georgetown--you start letting one day run into the other with such vigorous activities as beaching it, kayaking it, napping in the hammock, enjoying the rum drinks, swimming, reading and generally, limming. One day runs into the next effortlessly. An impromptu cocktail get-together on the beach--sure. A hike over the island to the Atlantic to check the surf--sure. Take the dogs to the beach to go swimming--sure. And suddenly one, two, three weeks are gone.
Secondly, we had accomplices in this do-nothing state. Larry's brother Roger and his wife Corinne, who've sailed with us before, are no slouches when it comes to just hanging out. They arrived a week ago and the four of us accomplished nothing but relaxing for a week. We did move the boat around the anchorage -- to get the best angle on the wind. That took about 30 minutes every two or three days. They departed before sunrise this morning. Today we clean and do laundry. And tomorrow more good friends--Ken and Linda Cohen-- arrive for 10 days. But this time, we combine hanging out and doing fun things with moving north in anticipation of our return stateside. Ken and Linda will leave from Staniel Cay on Flamingo Air in a week and a half and then a week later we expect to hook up with Adam as we continue to journey north in the Bahamas.
The photo is of a sunset over Georgetown, Great Exuma. Somehow we never had the forethought or energy to get a photo of Roger and Corinne. Obviously, there was just too much limming!
Comments
Vessel Name: Elixir
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol 477
Hailing Port: Williamsburg, VA
Crew: Larry and Susan Burkett
About: This time we have Baxter and Carrie aboard--let's see how they adjust to being boat dogs!

Elixir's Sojourns South Again

Who: Larry and Susan Burkett
Port: Williamsburg, VA