Endless Summer

Endless Summer is a 43ft Ian Farrier cruising catamaran.

12 March 2012 | Helen Reef
12 March 2012 | Helen Reef
12 March 2012 | Palau
12 March 2012 | Palau
12 March 2012 | Palau
12 March 2012 | Palau
12 March 2012 | Palau
12 March 2012 | Palau
15 November 2011
30 July 2011 | Kavieng, and Manus Province, Papua New Guinea
30 July 2011 | Kavieng, and Manus Province, Papua New Guinea
30 July 2011 | Kavieng, and Manus Province, Papua New Guine
30 July 2011 | Kavieng, and Manus Province, Papua New Guinea
30 July 2011 | Kavieng, and Manus Province, Papua New Guinea
30 July 2011 | Kavieng, and Manus Province, Papua New Guinea
30 July 2011 | Kamatal Island, Louisiades, PNG
30 July 2011 | Kamatal Island, Louisiades, PNG
29 July 2011 | 10 56'S:152 42'E, Louisiade Achipelago
28 July 2011 | Panasia Island, Louisiades, PNG

Back online in Tahuata

10 May 2010 | A perfect cove
Manjula
Apologies to our viewers! We have been offline for quite a while now, at the time when we thought we would have easy-ish internet access. Turns out remote islands in the South Pacific are exactly that. Communication is difficult! A couple of companies offer internet service here in the anchorage off of town, but they were weak connections, and pricey, as in they charge your credit card but you don�'t actually get an internet connection. So we are back to the satellite phone method, but that means we can�'t actually see the blog ourselves and be able to check that our photos are successfully uploading.

We�'ve spent about a week ping-ponging back and forth from the island of Hiva Oa, where we first landed and where town is, and Tahuata, a lovely island a few miles away. We, as in Steve, have been working on boat repairs. The real �'we�' have also been organizing the boat for comfortable living. Without the massive provisions, fuel, and water we started out with, Endless Summer is light on her feet again, and we have more room on the interior. It feels good. Yesterday, we celebrated our four year anniversary (of dating) and we realized there was nothing we could do to make our day more romantic than it already was. We are floating by ourselves in a postcard perfect cove, complete with palm fringed white sand beach, black lava cliffs, and clear aquamarine water. This is not a situation that is easy to improve upon. But we did make brownies and watch a movie. This, by the way, was the first use of our new dutch oven, which we put inside our boat�'s oven to even out its very erratic heat. Even though we fought with a mere 150 degree variation in temperature over the course of the baking, the brownies came out great!

Tomorrow morning around 6am- I am proud to report for those folks who have dubbed us Endless Slumber- we will set sail for Ua Huka or Ua Pou. I�'m hoping for Ua Huka which is known for its wild horses and wood sculptors. But if the wind doesn�'t favor the course of sail we need to get there, we�'ll fall off to Ua Pou, which is probably just as interesting to see anyways. After a couple of days there, we�'ll likely head for the Tuomotu archipelago of coral atolls. That will entail around 4 days of passage making, which used to seem like a big deal, but after our 3 weeks at sea seems like nothing. Stay tuned�.
Comments
Vessel Name: Endless Summer
Vessel Make/Model: F-41 sailing catamaran
Hailing Port: San Francisco, California
Crew: Steve May and Manjula Dean
About:
Over the last three years we have sailed nearly 17,000 miles. We departed from San Francisco, California, and have cruised in Mexico, across the Pacific Ocean through Polynesia, Melanesia, Australia, and Micronesia. [...]
Extra:
I have always had a deep love for the sea and the creatures that live in and around it. Having the opportunity to spend so many months on the ocean, and the shores of so many remote islands, has given me an up close look at some of the world’s most remote wildlife outposts. This experience has [...]
Endless Summer's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 8 of 8
1
Jonathan eyeballs the problem
Mickey is feeling a little overwhelmed at all the work putting the lines back together after pulling the mast.
The sails are stripped off, the boom is laying on the cabin top, and the lines are all loosened. Also the wiring harness has been cut to allow the mast to be raised.
Suki takes up her position inside the cabin while we are underway.
San Francisco from south of the Bay Bridge on a rare warm sunny day.
The ride home from the double handed Farallones Race
Manjula driving. She looks like the red barron with her scarf flying in the 30 knot breeze. The boat was surfing to the high teens with one surf to 20 knots.
Suki takes in the view of the coast guard station on Yerba Buena Island in San Francisco Bay.
 
1
Favorite photos of Australia
23 Photos
Created 28 May 2011
2nd half of the South Pacific crossing
220 Photos
Created 25 November 2010
Photos from our passage from LA, California to the Marquesas
50 Photos
Created 26 April 2010