S/V Endorfin

"Fulfilling our dreams, one ocean at a time"

05 February 2014 | Nicaragua
02 February 2014
01 February 2014
28 January 2014 | Barillas, El Salvador
19 January 2014 | Chiapas, Mexico
18 May 2011 | Bahia Aqua Verde - BCS
11 May 2011 | San Evaristo Anchorage - May 11-14
10 May 2011 | Isla San Francisco to San Evaristo
08 May 2011 | Ensenada Grande to Isla San Francisco
05 May 2011 | Isla Partida - Cardonal and Ensenada Grande
22 April 2011 | La Paz, BCS
21 April 2011 | La Paz, BCS
18 April 2011 | Mainland, BCS
16 April 2011 | Isla Isabella to Los Muertos
16 April 2011 | Mantachen Bay to Isla Isabella

Cabo San Lucas to Banderas Bay (PV)

19 December 2010 | Sea of Cortez
Lisa

After a filling breakfast of hash, eggs, and homemade potato bread, we leave the very noisy anchorage at Cabo San Lucas.
The anchor is raised and our course is set. Only 280 nm to go...
Pa and I enjoy a latte while we relax on the bow with some sunshine and a breeze.
The weather and seas are good for solar oven cooking - so I kneed up some sourdough and pumpernickel. A few brownies while we are at it and the oven is hot.
Pa grills his fish on the barbie for lunch and we enjoy it with some fresh veggies and humus.
Dan keeps himself busy with stainless steel polishing while Kim flips some more pages of his book.
Eight hours out from Cabo at Lat / Long 22 28 .052N and 109 04 .993W, I toss out the 'message in a wine bottle'. I wonder who will collect it from the sea?
There is no wind and not a ripple on the surface. We see turtles everywhere and flying fish are easily observed as they leave their ladder-like trails on the flat ocean.
We pass the prison islands safely - making sure to leave the required 35 nm distance between us. We have not collected any unwanted stowaways, so we continue on towards Banderas Bay and our new, temporary, home.
We sip tea during our last night watch and wonder why the night sky seems so dark when there are so many stars to be seen. I ask "where is the moon?" - and look up to see it almost totally eclipsed. A beautiful and totally unexpected pleasure.
Around 6 am we approach the entrance to the very large Banderas Bay and immediately are welcomed by 5-6 large manta rays and spouting humpback whales.
I'm smiling. We have safely completed the first part of our open-ended journey aboard Endorfin.
We are escorted to our new, but temporary slip, at E18 by two young pangueros. While making our way down the channel we run aground in the shallow passage, but easily back out of the thick mud.
After the dock lines are secured and the electricity is connected, we collect our paperwork and crew and head to the dock master's office to meet Gina and Dick. We temporarily surrender our Amex card in exchange for some photo ID cards and a few gate keys. We make a quick tour around the hotel property, enjoy a fabulous fish dinner on the beach, and head home to rest our weary heads.

(photo album: Cabo to Puerto Vallarta)
Comments
Vessel Name: Endorfin
Vessel Make/Model: 55' Bruce Roberts (built by Jomar)
Hailing Port: Channel Islands, California
Crew: Dan Olsen, Lisa Olsen, Savannah Olsen (8)
Extra: "Fulfilling our dreams one ocean at a time"
Home Page: www.tropicalcruiser.com

The Olsen's

Who: Dan Olsen, Lisa Olsen, Savannah Olsen (8)
Port: Channel Islands, California