12 June 2016 | Sainte Lucia
03 November 2015
03 November 2015
03 November 2015 | St Thomas BVI
11 October 2015 | BVI
11 October 2015 | Cane Garden Bay
09 October 2015 | Cane Garden Bay, BVI
01 October 2015 | Christmas Cove
30 September 2015 | Christmas Cove
29 September 2015 | Christmas Cove USVI
24 September 2015 | Nanny Cay, Tortola BVI
24 September 2015 | Nanny Cay
24 September 2015 | Nanny Cay, Tortola
22 September 2015 | Nanny Cay, BVI
13 September 2015 | St. Thomas/Honeymoon
06 September 2015 | Culebra PR
06 September 2015 | Culebra PR
04 September 2015 | Culebra, PR
03 September 2015 | Culebra PR

We're still here

04 September 2015 | Culebra, PR
Barbara/very warm
Which isn't exactly a bad thing considering where we are. We've just been trying to decide how much longer we stay what with the long weekend here (yes, PR does celebrate Labor Day) and the influx of the "Puerto Rican Navy!" What that is, we're told, are the party people from a place called Fajardo, about 20 miles from here, who want to get out of THEIR town, want to "party down" all weekend long. We had thought about heading out to Culebrita but we also hear they will propagate that area rather adequately!!! So we'll just stay put. Also we're waiting to hear back on some bottom paint bidders which could take US to Fajardo or back to the BVI.
We've enjoyed seeing the island up close, most especially from the golf cart Kevin mentioned previously. It was a great mode of transportation and a ton of fun! We tooled all 7X5 of the area (7 miles long by 5 miles wide). Interesting fact on the schooling of the children here. It appears they start as early as 6:30 am due to the heat and they begin with song and then we hear first bell, then in 30 mins, 2nd bell. We've also,seen them, in uniforms, about 2 o'clock walking to their homes. Also, the "for what it's worth dept," they seem to have only one garbage truck here, but it does it's part in keeping the trash picked up as the "town" is, relatively, pretty clear of any trash. Some men's job is to sweep the streets. Suffice it to say, this place is a lot more cleared of trash than a lot of what we had back home! Things have slowed down here greatly for this time of year with even a restaurant/bar we dinghy to every so often closing soon after Labor Day. These next months, til about,the first of the year, are considered very slow. A lot of what appear to be homes and/or businesses are closed or boarded up now, some could be due to hurricane season.
And we had a SUPER FaceTime call last night with our friends, Jim and Faith Paddock, who take off to begin THEIR adventure next week as "Loopers." You need to Google it!! They made us a part of their party by, I'm sure Faith, superimposing a picture of us onto cardboard, attaching a paint stick "handle" and taking "us" around the room to say hi to people. It was great fun!!!
Guess that's about it for now. You are all thought of often!
Signing off with love.
Comments
Vessel Name: Escape Claws
Vessel Make/Model: Robertson & Caine Leopard 40
Hailing Port: Portland OR
Crew: Kevin & Barbara
About: New to our Leopard 40 we are excited about the next step on our life's journey.
Extra: Come along with us as we explore!
Social: