Eshamy's Northern Passage

14 November 2011 | North Yorkshire, England
06 November 2011
06 November 2011 | Hartlepool
31 October 2011 | North Sea
31 October 2011 | Aberdeen, Scotland
28 October 2011 | Norway
27 October 2011
23 October 2011 | Ålesund, Norway
23 October 2011 | Sandshamn, Norway
19 October 2011
19 October 2011 | Alesund, Norway
10 October 2011
09 October 2011 | Bodø, Norway
07 October 2011 | Bodø, Norway
03 October 2011 | Norway
01 October 2011 | Near the Norwegian Coast
29 September 2011 | Barents Sea
27 September 2011 | Arctic
24 September 2011 | Arctic
22 September 2011 | Arctic

Sandshamn to Leirvik

28 October 2011 | Norway
After a weekend of doing very little but hiding from the strong winds and rain, we departed Sandshamn on Monday morning bathed in sunshine. It was glorious and I even got down to a t-shirt and went barefoot as we rounded the headland Stad. The sea was very calm then but it picked up later in the afternoon, as did the wind. We had some trouble with the genoa again and Jeffrey got rather soaked while fixing it in the big seas and we went off course a fair way! That evening the sea eased a little but the wind stayed relatively strong and it was slow going down the coast. Would have loved to have the wind behind us again! The stars were magnificent though and just after midnight the auroras gave us a final display, again very impressive and this time pink and green :-) Got to see the sliver of moon rise just at dawn and the sky was a very impressive bright orange and red. Tuesday was sunny and clear as we made our way into Bergen, arriving late afternoon. Was quite a shock to the system, busiest place we’ve been to in a while! Bergen is a beautiful city though and you can tie up right in the centre of town, near the historic buildings, bars and restaurants which is handy. We spent Tuesday night and Wednesday (the weather wasn’t so nice on Wednesday) there and explored the city a little, would love to come back in the summer! Thursday morning we left in the pouring rain and made our way further south to a place called Leirvik which we arrived at in the late evening. After checking the weather late that night we decided it was time to give the North Sea a go and finally make our way to Scotland then England!
Comments
Vessel Name: Eshamy
Vessel Make/Model: Amel 51 Mango
Hailing Port: Hartlepool
Crew: Jeffrey Allison, Katherine Brownlie, Alex Taylor, James Allison, Paul Brossier, Martin Oakley, Chris Phillips, Tanya Hargreaves, Philip Schofield (Onshore Communications Officer)
About:
C [...]

Eshamy's Northern Passage

Who: Jeffrey Allison, Katherine Brownlie, Alex Taylor, James Allison, Paul Brossier, Martin Oakley, Chris Phillips, Tanya Hargreaves, Philip Schofield (Onshore Communications Officer)
Port: Hartlepool