Eshamy's Northern Passage

14 November 2011 | North Yorkshire, England
06 November 2011
06 November 2011 | Hartlepool
31 October 2011 | North Sea
31 October 2011 | Aberdeen, Scotland
28 October 2011 | Norway
27 October 2011
23 October 2011 | Ålesund, Norway
23 October 2011 | Sandshamn, Norway
19 October 2011
19 October 2011 | Alesund, Norway
10 October 2011
09 October 2011 | Bodø, Norway
07 October 2011 | Bodø, Norway
03 October 2011 | Norway
01 October 2011 | Near the Norwegian Coast
29 September 2011 | Barents Sea
27 September 2011 | Arctic
24 September 2011 | Arctic
22 September 2011 | Arctic

Back on Land

14 November 2011 | North Yorkshire, England
After spending the past week recovering and catching up, we thought it time to write our final blog for this adventure! Firstly we'd like to thank everyone for reading the blog, making comments and taking an interest in the voyage. Here are a few key dates and total miles for the voyage.

The journey began from Hartlepool on the 16th June 2011 with the first port of call being Aberdeen which is where Katherine joined the boat. We departed Aberdeen on the 21st June 2011 and arrived back in Aberdeen in the early hours of 31st October 2011, and back in Hartlepool on the 6th November 2011. From Hartlepool to Hartlepool we covered a total of 10,335 nautical miles which took almost 5 months including time spent in port. From Upernavik, Greenland to Hammerfest, Norway we had only two nights in port at Cambridge Bay and two nights at anchor off Point Barrow, Alaska. We departed Upernavik early in the morning on 9th August 2011, arriving in Cambridge Bay on the 19th August 2011 and departing again on the 21st August 2011. We anchored off Point Barrow from the 31st August 2011 to the 2nd September 2011. We lifted anchor in the early hours of the 2nd September 2011 and arrived in Hammerfest Norway late in the evening on the 1st October 2011.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has offered their support, kind wishes, advice, and information to enable us to complete this journey. In particular we would like to thank the crew who sailed on various passages of the voyage, the postmaster in Upernavik, Doug Stern in Cambridge Bay, the Point Barrow locals who brought supplies while at anchor, Don Anderson from Summer Passage, Hammerfest harbour staff, Arnold Karlsen, Amund Halsebakke and Odd Reidar Eide from the ferry M/F Bilfergen, Dagfinn Leira and Alex from Aberdeen harbour. We must thank Philip Schofield from California who took on the role of keeping our families and friends well informed of our progress and provided us with weather and ice information throughout the Arctic, particularly in Canada and Siberia. His help was greatly appreciated by all! Last but not least we would like to thank our families and friends for their support, encouragement, messages and information sent while underway, as well as dealing with the uncertainty of our progress and final destination. Thank you :-)

Best wishes,

Jeffrey Allison and Katherine Brownlie

sveshamy@gmail.com
Comments
Vessel Name: Eshamy
Vessel Make/Model: Amel 51 Mango
Hailing Port: Hartlepool
Crew: Jeffrey Allison, Katherine Brownlie, Alex Taylor, James Allison, Paul Brossier, Martin Oakley, Chris Phillips, Tanya Hargreaves, Philip Schofield (Onshore Communications Officer)
About:
C [...]

Eshamy's Northern Passage

Who: Jeffrey Allison, Katherine Brownlie, Alex Taylor, James Allison, Paul Brossier, Martin Oakley, Chris Phillips, Tanya Hargreaves, Philip Schofield (Onshore Communications Officer)
Port: Hartlepool