Eshamy's Northern Passage

14 November 2011 | North Yorkshire, England
06 November 2011
06 November 2011 | Hartlepool
31 October 2011 | North Sea
31 October 2011 | Aberdeen, Scotland
28 October 2011 | Norway
27 October 2011
23 October 2011 | Ålesund, Norway
23 October 2011 | Sandshamn, Norway
19 October 2011
19 October 2011 | Alesund, Norway
10 October 2011
09 October 2011 | Bodø, Norway
07 October 2011 | Bodø, Norway
03 October 2011 | Norway
01 October 2011 | Near the Norwegian Coast
29 September 2011 | Barents Sea
27 September 2011 | Arctic
24 September 2011 | Arctic
22 September 2011 | Arctic

Pingos in the Beaufort Sea

28 August 2011 | Beaufort Sea, Canada
Friday morning the fog was lifting...made bread with carrot, apple, cinnamon and dried fruit in it (smells great), checked weather, managed to send an email, got ice info and changed primary fuel filter. Busy morning for us! The good news was that the wind forecast said it was going to change and that it would be behind us soon. By Friday afternoon we'd passed Cape Bathurst and were out of Amundsen Gulf and into the Beaufort Sea. Wow the Beaufort Sea brought life! The fog cleared and we've seen birds, a seal and around 18:00 last night we saw a huge pod of whales crossing the bow ahead of us heading north. Must have been 30 at least and they were very close, it was a spectacular sight with lots of blowing and tails! Magic:-) Wish had I purchased the whale and dolphin guidebook in port instead of the rocks and mineral one I bought (what was I thinking!). The temperature dropped once we were out of the Gulf.. perhaps it's because now there is no land between us and the arctic ice! It's currently Saturday morning and we're making our way through the McKinley, Kugmallit and Pullen Pingos via the shipping corridor. The Admiralty Pilot describes pingos as small, isolated, conical hills, up to 60 m high, formed by subterranean ice action. There has just been an amazing sunrise through the fog that is looming behind us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Eshamy
Vessel Make/Model: Amel 51 Mango
Hailing Port: Hartlepool
Crew: Jeffrey Allison, Katherine Brownlie, Alex Taylor, James Allison, Paul Brossier, Martin Oakley, Chris Phillips, Tanya Hargreaves, Philip Schofield (Onshore Communications Officer)
About:
C [...]

Eshamy's Northern Passage

Who: Jeffrey Allison, Katherine Brownlie, Alex Taylor, James Allison, Paul Brossier, Martin Oakley, Chris Phillips, Tanya Hargreaves, Philip Schofield (Onshore Communications Officer)
Port: Hartlepool