Cruising on Destiny

30 May 2014 | Cape May, NJ
15 May 2013 | Beaufort, NC to Hertford
08 May 2013 | Charleston, SC
03 May 2013 | various
03 May 2013 | Duck Key, FL
09 March 2013 | Hawks Cay Marina, Duck Key
07 March 2013 | Rodriguez Key
05 March 2013 | No Name Harbor, Key Biscayne
02 March 2013 | Palm Beach, FL
07 February 2013 | Stuart, FL
06 January 2013 | Stuart, FL
04 December 2012 | Stuart, FL
01 December 2012 | Port Canaveral
29 November 2012 | Titusville, FL
28 November 2012 | Daytona
25 November 2012 | St. Augustine, FL
21 November 2012 | Charleston, SC
18 November 2012 | Southport, NC
17 November 2012 | Southport, NC
16 November 2012 | Wrightsville Beach

On the move, again

02 March 2013 | Palm Beach, FL
Joannie/cool, breezy, sunny!
Although this winter cruise has not gone as planned, it has been great! After 3 months in lovely Stuart, FL we have moved on to Lake Worth, Palm Beach. Actually, the boat was in Stuart for 3 months, we were not.
We arrived in early Dec. and left the boat, as planned, to fly home and spend Christmas with family and friends. Returning to Stuart in early Jan., John decided to check out some medical issues (shortness of breath and fatigue) with the extensive medical community right here. Having started that process, we got the call from John’s mom’s caregivers that she was going to the ER. She was diagnosed with an aggressive form of pneumonia and a mild heart attack. We flew to Durham to be with her and assist in her decision-making. As per her wishes, she came home from the hospital with hospice support and was kept comfortable for another week before passing away on Jan. 21st. We stayed on in Durham another week for the memorial service and legal details (John being executor) and ultimately came back to the boat at the end of Jan. Feb. was spent taking some time to relax, rejuvenate and pursue the medical testing John had started in Jan. The tests showed nothing serious; with a change of medication and iron and B-12 supplements he is already feeling better.
So…we are on the move again. Yesterday was a relaxing day of motoring down the ICW, through the “gold coast” of Jupiter to Palm Beach. We anchored off the Old Port Cove (in view of Tiger Woods huge yacht, “Privacy”) and had dinner with friends from NY who have a condo here.
Today we are staying put at anchor, enjoying a sunny day in cool a northerly breeze, while John repairs a water pump (always something) and gets his journal up and running again.
Tomorrow we intend to go out Palm Beach Inlet and sail offshore to Fort Lauderdale. It will be nice to see those sails up again!
Comments
Vessel Name: DESTINY
Vessel Make/Model: FREEDOM 45
Hailing Port: HERTFORD, NC
Crew: JOHN AND JOAN ERNST
About:
Joan, a retired music teacher, grew up sailing on Long Island Sound, NY. John, a retired dentist, grew up outside Buffalo, NY in East Aurora, and learned to sail as a teenager. We have been married 47 years and have two grown daughters, two great sons-in-law and four precious grandchildren. [...]

LIVING OUR DREAM

Who: JOHN AND JOAN ERNST
Port: HERTFORD, NC