FANDANGO

Bodrum to Airlie Beach

30 November 2010
22 November 2010
22 November 2010
21 November 2010
13 October 2010
10 August 2010
02 June 2010
08 May 2010
24 March 2010
09 March 2010
17 February 2010
17 February 2010
17 February 2010

Bamboozle

17 February 2010
We have had trouble with poor quality Selden equipment. Also, spinnaker and whisker poles are hard to come by unless you have them specially ordered in at great expense. They can break easily and are overpriced. Out of the blue, the Memsahib casually suggests using a bamboo pole and arranges a suitable length to be delivered to the boat for the price of a few beers.

What a brilliant idea! Heather named her creation Bamboozle. Within half an hour the bamboo ends are trimmed, the pole ends with beaks are cut and fitted into the hollow sleeves. Some packing pieces, some circlips and voila. Lighter and stronger than aluminium. It floats, no one would nick it, it's environmentally sensitive, looks really cool and it works.
Vessel Name: Fandango
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 39i (LOA 11.86m)
Hailing Port: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays (Registered Melbourne, Australia)
Crew: Andrew
About: See "Meet the Crew" in the Blog Locker
Extra: We like our grog but don't smoke.

Cockpit

Who: Andrew
Port: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays (Registered Melbourne, Australia)
There are more albums under Photo Gallery.Thank you to those who contributed photos.It was very hard deciding which ones of so many to show because of limited space available.