FANDANGO

Bodrum to Airlie Beach

30 November 2010
22 November 2010
22 November 2010
21 November 2010
13 October 2010
10 August 2010
02 June 2010
08 May 2010
24 March 2010
09 March 2010
17 February 2010
17 February 2010
17 February 2010

MEET THE CREW 2008

20 December 2008 | Past & Present
The Original Crew

There are crew and there are guests. Crew need some sailing experience and are expected to stand night watch when required. Guests need no sailing skills and are welcome on the easier legs. However we'll call them all crew to make it easier. We normally have no more than four people on board (POB).

In order of joining Fandango:


Andrew
British/Australian. The skipper, on his latest adventure. Complains a lot about dysfunctional gear. Likes chillies with paella. In fact, likes almost everything hot and spicy.


Charlie
British/Australian. Adventurer and inventor. Orange inside and out. Holds the record for stacking the most fruit into a dessert bowl. Uses the mantra "Paella" when cruising eateries.


Mario
Brazilian/Canadian. Techo professor. Very relaxed. His snoring was so loud it interfered with the sonar. Likes chips and coke with a little paella.


Oleg
Ukrainian/Canadian. Another techo. Ex military, the sort of guy you want on your side. A key operative in Mission Impaella.


Paul
Romanian/Australian. Oil diviner, roving Wikipedia, our tour guide and Telstra's biggest customer. Paella gourmet.


Just
British. Translator. Never sailed. After the initial briefing she asked if she should also pee off the transom when conditions allowed. Gud on yer mate.


Jacqueline
East German. "Ve invented ze nudity". Unfortunately, after a few weeks she turned into a nightmare and was dumped in Italy.


Glenn
Kiwi. He was supposed to be looking after Jacqueline for his mate, Jacqueline's boyfriend. However, he stuffed up, got drunk and nearly jailed. He was jettisoned with Jacqueline.


Heather
Scottish/Australian. Skip's wife. Skip's mother was Scottish too. Artist and will try anything. Experienced some rough stuff offshore and then decided that she absolutely loves sailing as long as it's fairly calm and the motor is on. Enjoys the boat and doesn't get seasick.


Stan
Polish/Australian. Documented adventurer and old salt. Skip's first regular skipper from the SYC in Melbourne. Ask him about anchoring.


Suzanne
Australian. Stan's wife. Adventurer, artist and published and prized author. Ask her about anchoring too.


Antje
Danish/Australian. Charlie liked sailing on Fandango so much that he hopped off to get married and brought his beautiful bride back.


Jackie
Scottish. Ken's partner. Tessellates well and has done more travelling than Sputnik.


Ken
British. A leading authority on draught and bottled beers and has a T shirt for most of them. Enjoys a malt too.

Vessel Name: Fandango
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 39i (LOA 11.86m)
Hailing Port: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays (Registered Melbourne, Australia)
Crew: Andrew
About: See "Meet the Crew" in the Blog Locker
Extra: We like our grog but don't smoke.

Cockpit

Who: Andrew
Port: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays (Registered Melbourne, Australia)
There are more albums under Photo Gallery.Thank you to those who contributed photos.It was very hard deciding which ones of so many to show because of limited space available.