Fantasia

1982 Formosa 51ft Pilot House Ketch

23 October 2018 | Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico
20 October 2018 | Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico
26 January 2018 | Puerto Madero, Chiapas
21 January 2018 | Acapulco, Mexico
14 January 2018 | Huatulco to Puerto Angel
03 January 2018 | Chiapas, Mexico
21 December 2017 | Antigua, Guatemala
20 December 2017 | Antigua, Guatemala
19 December 2017 | Antigua, Guatemala
18 December 2017 | Antigua, Guatemala
16 December 2017 | Talisman Frontera, Chiapas, Mexico
15 December 2017 | Talisman Frontera, Mexico
13 December 2017 | Puerto Madera, Chiapas, Mexico
03 December 2017 | Puerto Madero, Mexico
02 December 2017 | Marina Chiapas, Mexico
27 November 2017 | Chiapas, Mexico
11 January 2017 | Barra de Navidad to Bahia Santiago
30 December 2016 | Barra de Navidad
30 December 2016 | Barra de Navidad
30 December 2016 | Barra de Navidad

Jungle Tour

19 November 2015 | Tenacatita
After an uneventful night, we awoke to calm waters and quiet in Bahia Tenacatita. I was able to practise my Spanish when a panga full of Mexican tourists paid us a visit to take pictures of the boat. Meanwhile Stuart made preparations for a jungle tour by dinghy, collecting together his shotgun, pistol, kukri, bear spray, elephant spray, scabre and cutlass. Not being able to find any of these items on board he had to settle for his hat, bug spray and camera.
Sadly, we did jest but a machete and even a chainsaw would have been useful. We made is almost to the end of the jungle tour but within spitting distance of the palapas selling cold Coronas and shrimp empanadas, we found our route blocked by a tangle of fallen mangroves. Unable to cut our way through, we had no choice but to turn back. Hurricane Patricia had hit Bahia Tenacatitia very hard and along the side of the river nearly all the taller trees had been sliced through by the force of the wind. From what we could see it seemed that the hurricane must have passed around 20 feet above ground level.
We made the best of it with a walk along the beach to the all inclusive resort at Los Angeles Arcos. We have dreamt of the white sandy beaches of Tenacatita for as long as we have been in Mexico. So it didn't seem fair that by the time we finally reached the bay, the beautiful white sandy beach had been washed away by the might of Hurricane Patricia.
Needless to say, not only are they rebuilding palapas but they are also reclaiming the white sand washed over into the lagoon and replacing it on the beach. Staff at the all inclusive, dinero free resort, were unable to sell us a beer or soda from their beach bar, but kindly escorted us into the hotel where a bill was made out and pesos exchanged for a bag full of beverages and ice for us to enjoy on the beach. We did decide to dip out however, on the offer of ketchup covered chips and Vienna sausages, making up for it with fresh salsa and tortilla chips back on board Fantasia.
Comments
Vessel Name: Fantasia
Vessel Make/Model: Formosa 51
Hailing Port: Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico
Crew: Stuart Cooper and Karen Key

Who: Stuart Cooper and Karen Key
Port: Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico