Fantasia

1982 Formosa 51ft Pilot House Ketch

23 October 2018 | Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico
20 October 2018 | Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico
26 January 2018 | Puerto Madero, Chiapas
21 January 2018 | Acapulco, Mexico
14 January 2018 | Huatulco to Puerto Angel
03 January 2018 | Chiapas, Mexico
21 December 2017 | Antigua, Guatemala
20 December 2017 | Antigua, Guatemala
19 December 2017 | Antigua, Guatemala
18 December 2017 | Antigua, Guatemala
16 December 2017 | Talisman Frontera, Chiapas, Mexico
15 December 2017 | Talisman Frontera, Mexico
13 December 2017 | Puerto Madera, Chiapas, Mexico
03 December 2017 | Puerto Madero, Mexico
02 December 2017 | Marina Chiapas, Mexico
27 November 2017 | Chiapas, Mexico
11 January 2017 | Barra de Navidad to Bahia Santiago
30 December 2016 | Barra de Navidad
30 December 2016 | Barra de Navidad
30 December 2016 | Barra de Navidad

Bring Instrument - Talent Optional!

29 November 2014 | Chacala
Another blissful day in paradise! After a boat day yesterday we were determined to go ashore today. The surf break at Chacala does not lend itself to graceful landings as we found out two years ago so we went ashore at the tiny harbour beach at the north end of the anchorage. Before we even made it to shore we were met by Pepe, the new, self-appointed dock master of the port of Chacala. Pepe promised that for a small donation he would take care of our dinghy and was soon dragging it up the beach and tying it to a tree. It didn't look as if we had much choice in the matter as Pepe had already taken charge in much the same way as our bags are packed in the supermarket or drivers are whistled and waved into parking spaces all for a small payment. He showed us his home, a rather beaten up old van, his kitchen and dining area under a tree where he was frying fish over a fire and told us about his round the world trip during which he visited England and hitch hiked from Heathrow to Dover. Pepe explained he didn't stay in England very long as it was so expensive, in Mexico 200 pesos (about £10) would easily last several days.

We heard later that Pepe also offered a private taxi service for cruisers to stock up in the town of Las Varas 6 miles away. Although we were happy for him to watch over our dinghy for a ballena of Pacifico we drew the line when his entrepreneurial services extended to us sampling his driving especially when it didn't look as if his van would make it out of Chacala.

With our dinghy being cared for we took a gentle stroll along the beach and soon found ourselves sitting at a beach palapa enjoying shrimp empanadas for lunch. Mariachi bands sauntered back and forth through the restaurants providing entertainment for all. Some though did give us the impression that all that was required was an instrument, talent optional! Regardless of talent, the mix of music from so many bands all playing at the same time, added to the enjoyment of beach life.

After spending a disproportionate amount of time doing nothing at all except watching the world go by we retrieved our dinghy and made our way back to the boat. There was just time for a quick swim before it was time for more relaxing and sundowners with our fellow adventurers from sailing vessels Blue An' Teak and Champagne.
Comments
Vessel Name: Fantasia
Vessel Make/Model: Formosa 51
Hailing Port: Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico
Crew: Stuart Cooper and Karen Key

Who: Stuart Cooper and Karen Key
Port: Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico