Wanderings of Felice

25 August 2015
08 July 2015
05 July 2015 | Horta faial.
04 July 2015 | Pico Azores
10 May 2015
10 May 2015
10 May 2015
05 March 2015
22 February 2015 | Basse Terre Guadeloupe
22 February 2015
11 February 2015 | Guadeloupe
28 January 2015
23 December 2014
18 November 2014
18 August 2014
03 May 2014
21 April 2014
21 April 2014
20 April 2014
20 April 2014

Moving on

18 November 2014
The hurricane season has come to an end with thankfully not many to hit the Caribbean islands this year. All the boat jobs are completed so on the 4 November at around 0900 hours Felice made her little splash back into the murky waters of Trinidad. Once Andy had checked that all was well and no leaks from the new sea cocks he fired up the engine and moved the boat out of the slip, we had permission to tie up along side overnight. This gave us a chance to pack away the lockers and tidy everything up ready to set sail.

By lunch time the boat was packed and tidy, stores were all on board and we were ready to leave, just a trip to immigration and then customs which was quite straight forward lots of form filling and we were set to go. We motored round to Scotland bay to await a fair tide to see us through the bocca. The tide would be with us at around 2300 hours, we had our evening meal and a couple of hours sleep, at 2230 we started the engine hauled up the anchor and off we went. The tide and current gave us a lift as we left the Trinidad coast and made good speed out towards the oil platforms.

We managed to get further east than we usually do so quite close to the Hibiscus platform, the support vessel called us up on the radio and suggested that we alter our course to avid and unlit mooring ball with 50 meters of floating line attached. It was very good of them to inform us and we did as asked, once we were clear of everything they called again to say we were safe and could resume our original course.

We had a lovely sail with fairly flat seas and only one rain squall as we approached Grenada. By 1130 we had anchored in Prickly bay among the many sailing vessels many of which had spent the hurricane season here. As the anchorage is rather prone to let the swell in we only stayed for a few days then went along the south coast to Clarke's court bay where we are at present awaiting the winds to settle down then we will be heading North up the island chain.
Comments
Vessel Name: Felice
Vessel Make/Model: Van de stadt Forna
Hailing Port: Plymouth
Crew: Andy and Pam Rice
About: Husband and wife team.

Who: Andy and Pam Rice
Port: Plymouth