Wanderings of Felice

25 August 2015
08 July 2015
05 July 2015 | Horta faial.
04 July 2015 | Pico Azores
10 May 2015
10 May 2015
10 May 2015
05 March 2015
22 February 2015 | Basse Terre Guadeloupe
22 February 2015
11 February 2015 | Guadeloupe
28 January 2015
23 December 2014
18 November 2014
18 August 2014
03 May 2014
21 April 2014
21 April 2014
20 April 2014
20 April 2014

Heading North

22 February 2014
After enjoying our week resting walking and swimming between Le Marin and St Anne's it was time to hop along the coast of Martinique stopping for a short visit at Anse Chaudierre Grand Anse and then a week at Fort du France the capital of Martinique. Here we enjoyed some more French food and stocked the boat up with hard to find items. A trip of 130 miles was our next goal Deshaies at Guadeloupe, once we were far enough off shore to be out of the wind blast effects of Monte Pelee we had a lovely sail up to Dominica but again we were blasted with the wind coming down from the volcano and decided to drop the anchor in Prince Rupert bay for the night. At 0500 hours hauled the anchor up and set sail for Guadeloupe, we had a good trip between the island and eventually had to resort to engine power due to lack of wind but arrived quite early at Deshaies.

This is another of our favourite anchorages, we planned to spend a few days here before going further north. We had time to walk to the beach to check out the swell rolling in, on this occasion not much then we took the route over Le Gros Morne at 680 feet, back to the anchorage, via the ice cream shop. The weather was good for an early start on Monday and we headed out towards Montserrat which as always was shrouded in cloud, up past Antigua, Nevis and St Kitts by this time it was dark and we had managed to actually catch a fish this trip a fair sized barracuda which we put into the fridge to enjoy at anchor. We had a lovely reach all the way up to St Barts where we dropped the main sail and drifted off down wind to St Martin. We are now anchored in the Dutch part of the island in Simpson lagoon, a chance here to check out the chandleries and of course checkout all the duty free shops in Philipsburgh to replace my broken sunglasses.
Comments
Vessel Name: Felice
Vessel Make/Model: Van de stadt Forna
Hailing Port: Plymouth
Crew: Andy and Pam Rice
About: Husband and wife team.

Who: Andy and Pam Rice
Port: Plymouth