Wanderings of Felice

25 August 2015
08 July 2015
05 July 2015 | Horta faial.
04 July 2015 | Pico Azores
10 May 2015
10 May 2015
10 May 2015
05 March 2015
22 February 2015 | Basse Terre Guadeloupe
22 February 2015
11 February 2015 | Guadeloupe
28 January 2015
23 December 2014
18 November 2014
18 August 2014
03 May 2014
21 April 2014
21 April 2014
20 April 2014
20 April 2014

US Virgin islands

10 April 2014
We left Jost Van Dyke to head down to Soper's hole on Tortola where we were able to check out of the BVI's. We also needed to go to the US virgin isles by ferry to get our passports stamped then it was legal for us to take the boat across (this is using the visa waver scheme, the US requires you to enter their territory by commercial vessel). From Soper's hole it was an easy down wind sail through the narrows to St John's.

St John's is mainly a national park and mooring balls are in most of the anchorages, we picked the nearest one to Cruz harbour and headed in to do the formalities which was quite straight forward, then it was of to the supermarket to stock up and a general wander around the town. We decided to stay here the night so we took the dinghy over to the little pontoon and paid our overnight fee into the box.

Next morning we were off again this time to St Thomas but on the way we passed Christmas cove of St Jame's island and it looked lovely and calm so we picked up a mooring ball and stayed for the night. We had heard there was some issues with the maintenance of the balls so we got out the snorkelling gear and checked the mooring. Andy saw a huge spotted ray and there was also quite a few other fish around and the water was lovely shade of blue and very clear.

Next morning we continued our westward travelling on to Charlotte amalie and decided to anchor off water island at Honey moon bay. A quiet spot nice sandy beach and a couple of beach bars selling local food and cold drinks. We spent a couple of days relaxing and swimming in the waters here before heading into the town anchorage not too far from the cruise ship docks.

We took the historical walk around the town our first stop was the Fort Christian which was built by Danish settlers in 1680. It was built originally to protect the colony from marauders, it housed a jail, governors residence, a place or worship and a police station. The Fort was under going some renovations and closed the day we visited.
Comments
Vessel Name: Felice
Vessel Make/Model: Van de stadt Forna
Hailing Port: Plymouth
Crew: Andy and Pam Rice
About: Husband and wife team.

Who: Andy and Pam Rice
Port: Plymouth