S|V Firefly...exploring the 'verse.. Know what the first rule of sailing is? Love.

You can know all the math in the 'verse but take a boat to sea that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her afloat when she oughtta not...tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

26 May 2015 | Culebra, Puerto Rico
19 March 2015
31 August 2014 | Titusville,Fl.
18 May 2014 | Marina Puerto Del Rey, Fajardo, P.R.
01 February 2014 | Cap Cana, DR
08 January 2014 | La Romana
26 December 2013 | Cap Cana Marina, D.R.
25 December 2013 | Cap Cana Marina
16 December 2013
10 December 2013 | Puerto Plata to Cap Cana
10 December 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
10 December 2013 | Ocean World
17 September 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
23 July 2013 | Cabarete, D.R.
23 July 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
14 May 2013
21 April 2013
17 April 2013
14 April 2013

Sarah and Mark Visit

23 July 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
Diana
June 23rd to July 8th: Sarah and Mark Visit.
We are so excited that Sarah and Mark are coming! We spent almost 3 weeks in New Zealand for Christmas 2 years ago, and that is all we have seen of Sarah in 3 ½ years.

We had a great time taking them up the mountain road to Isabel de Torres and down a crazy mostly dirt road to a beautiful local beach called Cambiaso where we swam and snorkeled.
They enjoyed their Ocean World apartment, the beautiful pool, casino, restaurant and the Bravissimo show all here at the marina.

We took a 4 day trip to Samana Province and stayed at three different hostels along the way. The favorite being on the very northeast shore at Las Galeras. We stayed in a really cute little hotel right by the beach in town.
***Just a few miles away was Rincon Beach which is one of the most beautiful in the DR. It was here that Mark proposed to Sarah! And she said yes! We then celebrated with fresh grilled lobster and fish that were cooked by two beautiful Dominican ladies over and open fire. What a day:)
We also went to Sosua Beach which is where they take a lot of tourists snorkeling. Mark went all over, but it seems that like Japan, most of the fish have been caught anywhere close by, hahaha.

Of course they had to go do the 27 Waterfalls, which I didn't do. Even Stew said the jump off one of them was pretty high, but they really enjoyed it.
We spent nice times just enjoying hanging out together on the boat, in their apartment, and driving around the local area eating at different little places.
The time flew of course and off they went back to the middle of winter in New Zealand.
Comments
Vessel Name: Firefly
Vessel Make/Model: 1976 Pearson 365 Hull#25
Hailing Port: Port Canaveral, Florida
Crew: Stew & Diana Becker
About:
Diana and I are both military veterans. Diana Air Force, and I'm retired Marine Corps. We've been travelers all of our adult lives, and can never seem to stray far from the water for long. [...]

Sailing the 'verse

Who: Stew & Diana Becker
Port: Port Canaveral, Florida