S|V Firefly...exploring the 'verse.. Know what the first rule of sailing is? Love.

You can know all the math in the 'verse but take a boat to sea that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her afloat when she oughtta not...tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

26 May 2015 | Culebra, Puerto Rico
19 March 2015
31 August 2014 | Titusville,Fl.
18 May 2014 | Marina Puerto Del Rey, Fajardo, P.R.
01 February 2014 | Cap Cana, DR
08 January 2014 | La Romana
26 December 2013 | Cap Cana Marina, D.R.
25 December 2013 | Cap Cana Marina
16 December 2013
10 December 2013 | Puerto Plata to Cap Cana
10 December 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
10 December 2013 | Ocean World
17 September 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
23 July 2013 | Cabarete, D.R.
23 July 2013 | Cofresi, Puerto Plata D.R.
14 May 2013
21 April 2013
17 April 2013
14 April 2013

Little Harbor to Spanish Wells

01 February 2013
Diana
End of Hopetown
A few days later:
Well I will make this short. After several days Stew was still having issues which Dr. Diana determined we should try something else. I gave him some antibiotics that we had brought with and he was eating a peanut butter sandwich four hours later. Four days later he is back to normal and we head for Little Harbor to stage for Royal Island Eleuthera the next morning.


Little Harbor to Royal Island to Spanish Wells, Eleuthera
Little harbor is a beautiful little harbor where the famous Pete's Bar is located. (closed of course). We took Belle into the beach to play and sat on the front of the boat having a glass of wine watching the perfect sunset, ahhhhhhhh
Up at 5 the next morning and it is lightly raining; should have just went back to bed. The chance of showers turned into 10 hours of almost constant water of some sort falling on us.
Right as we got to Royal Island ( a desolate harbor surrounded by rock and scrub bush) Stew hit the wall sick as a dog again. We thought it was a relapse of the flu from getting wet and cold.
Well this is getting ridulous. I gave him all the meds we had accumulated and it was a horrible night.
A day later we made it on into Spanish Wells, he's better , he's worse...clinic again and the nurse says to take a full 10 day round of Cipro (antibiotics). Some kind of intestinal infection. OMG he has been so sick for so long. I know he has lost at least 15 pounds, the hard way.
Feb. 1st.
Ok I think we are on the right track now, but I may never be the same, haha. Still at the marina in Spanish Wells, leaving tomorrow to stage at Royal Island (tide gets really low here) to head for Nassau.
Comments
Vessel Name: Firefly
Vessel Make/Model: 1976 Pearson 365 Hull#25
Hailing Port: Port Canaveral, Florida
Crew: Stew & Diana Becker
About:
Diana and I are both military veterans. Diana Air Force, and I'm retired Marine Corps. We've been travelers all of our adult lives, and can never seem to stray far from the water for long. [...]

Sailing the 'verse

Who: Stew & Diana Becker
Port: Port Canaveral, Florida