First Light adventures

29 July 2017 | Paynesville
28 July 2017 | Cape Conran
24 July 2017 | Eden
24 July 2017 | Eden
23 July 2017 | Off Batemans Bay
22 July 2017 | 8nm offshore from Sydney
21 July 2017 | Newcastle
17 July 2017 | Off Pt Stephens
14 July 2017 | Enroute to Australia from Noumea
13 July 2017 | Enroute to Australia from Noumea
12 July 2017 | Enroute to Australia from Noumea
10 July 2017 | Enroute to Australia
10 July 2017 | Enroute to Australia
09 July 2017 | Enroute to Australia
08 July 2017 | Enroute to Australia
06 July 2017 | Noumea
03 July 2017 | Port Moselle Noumea
27 June 2017 | Noumea
25 June 2017 | Enroute from Fiji to Noumea
24 June 2017 | Enroute from Fiji to Noumea

Birthday and Birthday Suits!

10 July 2014 | Kosarine Bay, Murter Island
Di
Naturists Abound!

We move onto the island of Murtar and discover a beautiful bay surrounded by a camping ground. There is plenty of room to anchor on sand, so the holding is very good. The water is crystal clear and very inviting and as it has been a very hot day, it is not long before we are off the boat for a cooling swim. Not long after, it is time for sundowners and as we enjoy the setting sun we peruse our surroundings onshore. The camp ground surrounds the bay and there are many people swimming and sun baking catching those last rays of sunshine. It slowly dawns on us that many of the campers are not wearing much at all, in fact many are totally naked and obviously quite comfortable with themselves as they wander freely around the grounds. With a quick binocular check it doesn't take long to figure out that it is a nudist holiday camp! We are amazed and perhaps a little envious at how comfortable people are of all ages, with walking around in their own skin, regardless of body shape! It seems the teenagers are the ones that wear their bathers and cover up more than the oldies. Very entertaining but not always a good look!
There is not much available at the camp ground in the way of provisioning except that each morning a little truck drives through the camp ground tooting its horn, selling bread, cakes etc from the back of its van which is very convenient. We decide to spend a few days here and are able to get our bikes ashore and cycle over into the main town via a promenade that edges a northern bay. The main town has supermarkets, bakeries and a butcher- all that we need. We enjoy a coffee and chat with the owner, a local of twenty years, who tells us that during the war people from Germany etc still came and holidayed on the island even though the fighting was only 15kms away. Apparently many Croatians are disillusioned with the present government: wages are low, but living costs are high. Their tourism industry is flourishing but one wonders where all the money is going, as we have found marina and mooring buoy charges to be exorbitant.
Di enjoys a birthday while we are still here and as there are no restaurants close by, we celebrate on board with fresh octopus and a bottle of champers to mark the occasion.
Comments
Vessel Name: First Light III
Vessel Make/Model: Adams 12
Hailing Port: Melbourne Australia
Crew: Bernie
About: Bernie is passionate about sailing and finally living his dream to cruise long term. Dianne is First Mate and looking forward to many adventures along the way.
Extra:
First Light III was fitted out and equipped by Bernie and launched in 2004. She is a fractional rigged cutter with a good turn of speed. Specification: Length 12 m. Beam 4m. Draught 2.2m Displacement 7500Kg Engine Yanmar 39HP Saildrive HF radio with email capability High capacity ECH2O [...]

First Light 111 Adventures

Who: Bernie
Port: Melbourne Australia