Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
13 May 2011 | Calgary, Canada
29 March 2011 | Cusco, Peru
16 March 2011 | La Paz, Bolivia
14 March 2011 | Puno, Peru
10 March 2011 | Ariquipa, Peru
07 March 2011 | Nazca Peru
01 March 2011 | Lima Peru
23 February 2011 | Panamarina, Panama
19 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
16 February 2011 | Miradup, San Blas, Panama
13 February 2011 | Rio Sidra & Canbombia, San Blas, Panama
11 February 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
08 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
04 February 2011 | Nargana, San Blas, Panama
02 February 2011 | Hot tub, Holandes Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
01 February 2011 | Robeson Islands, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
30 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama
28 January 2011 | Salardup, San Blas, Panama

Projects organized - now execute..

11 November 2010 | Cartagena, Columbia
Ralph
I added a new album and uploaded a few pictures. The album is called "Columbia".

On Tuesday afternoon, we went with Ranzon to pick out the new fabric for the seat cushions and the new bimini. We walked over to the old city - to the section we had been to on Sunday, where there are all kinds of shops. It took us a few places to find something we could both agree on, but managed to make both purchases. Now its up to Ranzon to get it all sewed up. I guess we will see, but it appears to be very inexpensive to get this stuff done. Including the material and labor, the bimini and seat cushions will cost under a million peso's which is around $500.

We went into the old city again on Tuesday evening with 3 other families - they are all traveling with kids. We eat some food from a street vendor - We had 2 empanadas and 2 papas reanas con carne. the empanadas were ok - they were made with corn meal and we prefer the ones made with flour. But the papas reanas were delicious - we first had these things in Providencia and they are my favorite. They are made out of potato and formed in a large ball the size of my fist, stuffed with ground beef or egg or chicken and then deep fried.

There are street vendors everywhere you go selling anything you can imagine. You see ladies walking around with baskets of fresh fruit on their heads. Little donkeys pulling carts. You can buy fresh bread, fruit, coffee, fruit drinks, flavored ice shavings, hot food, candy, electronic stuff, etc, etc, etc.......

We have gone to the mall a couple of times this week and one of my purchases was a tarp that we have set up as a "fly" over the front hatches. We can now leave the hatch open in a rain shower and it is fantastic! It was real easy to set up - the key was finding the right size of tarp. I also had to return the external hard drive I had bought on Saturday - It did not work. But they returned it no problem and we checked out the new one right at the store. The cruisers here have video's stored on hard drives that are very easy to share and do not take up any space. So we now have copied 100's of new videos for our evening entertainment. Nice..
Comments
Vessel Name: Five Islands
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37' TPI
Hailing Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Crew: Ralph & Karen
About: Married 26 years and looking for new adventures to share. Wanting to learn more about the world and about ourselves.
Extra: Five Islands is named after a small island located in the Winnipeg River where many memories were made. We view our boat as the opportunity see amazing places that will create quality memories like the ones made at Five Islands.

Five Islands

Who: Ralph & Karen
Port: Calgary, Alberta, Canada