Much has happened. Jude left me. I got remarried. I got poor due to the economic hell we are in.
I cannot afford to pay slip fees this year. It's that bad.
I must get rid of Mysfit.
I'd rather cut off a finger or something.
Selling boats is not easy in these times. I am guessing that, after my best attempt at getting $$$$ from her sale, I'll end up giving her away. Hell, I can't even afford to have her scrapped! I may have to sink her.
If I do have to sink her, I'll never ever ever own another boat. I will not deserve it.
Thursday, October 30, 2008, 1036, PCHM
The arch. Note that the solar panel is not wired up yet. This winter....
Thursday, October 30, 2008, 1034, PCHM
Winter is here. Summer wasn't all that great with rain almost every day.
I did get the solar panel mounted on the new stern arch.
We bought a new (to us) car.
Friday, August 29, 2008, 0909, Port Credit
It seems that this summer is very strange. We've had more rain than ever before. Every time we go to the boat, it rains. Somehow, don't ask me how, water got into the fuel tank. This past week, we took delivery of a steel arch structure to be placed on the stern of Mysfit. So, two days ago, we wanted to move Mysfit to the sea wall next to our dock. The engine sputtered for the first time in three years. I immediately suspected water in the fuel so we headed out to the turning basin to run circles until the engine settled back down into its normal, smooth purr. Several moments later, it did. So, back down the channel we went. Jude was on the helm and I was adjusting the dock lines and fenders. Just as Jude committed to taking the (very narrow) channel, the engine sputtered once and quit. I cursed, panicked and ran to try a restart. To no avail. We drifted in the cross wind towards the million dollar powerboats and Jude persuaded Mysfit to fight the wind and stay away from them. Eventually, without discussion, Jude and I came to the same conclusion: we were either going to disassemble one of those million dollar plastic boats or make it into an empty slip (parking spot) that was 50 miles away from us. People on the docks saw me pushing the bows of some of the other boats and ran to help us make it into the empty slip that Jude miraculously guided us into.
We made it without touching anything. I had tripped over the bowsprit and mashed my leg a bit but we were finally tied up. I spend most of the night pouring gasoline from bucket to bucket, pouring the gas away from the water. There was about a litre in there! The next day, we were scheduled to get the arch so we had to be at the sea wall. Yet I couldn't get the engine to run smoothly. Yes, I could get it started but if I even touched the carburetor's choke, the engine died. So, rather than taking a chance hitting something expensive, we called the marina and paid for a tow... 100 feet to the sea wall! Paid... a lot. $73. For 100 feet.
Today, the arch is aboard Mysfit but I have not had time to bolt things down. That comes this weekend. So, too, does a thorough investigation into the inner workings of a marine outboard motor.