Floating Fehrsens

Vessel Name: Champolion
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 440
Hailing Port: Simonstown
17 April 2010 | Seychelles
Recent Blog Posts
17 April 2010 | Seychelles

It won't always be this hot

The negotiations around spending a year cruising with the family in the tropics mostly centred on the heat, home schooling, the heat, missing friends, the heat, money, the heat, the overwhelming logistics and the heat.

It won't always be this hot

17 April 2010 | Seychelles
Andrew
The negotiations around spending a year cruising with the family in the tropics mostly centred on the heat, home schooling, the heat, missing friends, the heat, money, the heat, the overwhelming logistics and the heat.

Before a cautious agreement could get a chance to cool, I had Carolyn on a plane for a one day trip to the Seychelles to see Champolion, a Lagoon 440. The first sign of trouble was the crushing wall of humidity that hit us as we stepped off the plane at sunrise. Both of us broke out in heat rash by mid morning and were struggling for air by 11:00. One of the Seychelles hottest days got hotter from there.

Carolyn, trooper that she is, nevertheless managed to see through the discomfort, focused on the task at hand and gave her blessing to buying Champolion.

Now we've bought the boat, past the point of no return, our future is looking warm.
Comments

About & Links