Once in a lifetime adventure

10 June 2012 | Manjack Cay, Abacos
28 May 2012 | Titusville, Florida
16 May 2012 | Green Turtle Cay, Abaco
16 May 2012 | Green Turtle Cay, Abaco
16 May 2012 | Green Turtle Cay, Abaco
16 May 2012 | Green Turtle Cay, Abaco
16 May 2012 | Tahiti Beach, Abaco
16 May 2012 | Abacos, The Bahamas
29 April 2012 | Great Guana Cay, Abaco
29 April 2012 | Big Guana Cay, Abaco
29 April 2012 | Sea of Abaco
29 April 2012 | Hope Town, Abaco
24 April 2012 | Man O War Cay, Abacos
24 April 2012 | Sea of Abaco
24 April 2012 | Sea of Abaco
14 April 2012 | Great Guana Cay, Abaco
13 April 2012 | Elbow Cay, Abaco
13 April 2012 | Marsh Harbor, Abaco
13 April 2012 | Hope Town, Abaco

Sitting, waiting, preparing

01 January 2012 | Fot Lauderdale
Dorothy / sunny, warm
So here we are in Fort Lauderdale, waiting for our weather window. We loved North Carolina, South Carolina and even the wacky tidal ranges in Georgia. Florida... Once you get south of Vero Beach everything changes. We loved Vero Beach, free bus system, cheap moorings and one of Kevin’s best friends. But once you hit ‘The Palms’ it’s not so nice anymore. The cruising guides talk about the concrete canyon with miles of big beautiful homes. They weren’t kidding, it is literally concrete bulk heads the whole way down from the Palms to Ft. Lauderdale. Throw in tons of boat traffic and wakes reverberating back and forth off the walls and it gets interesting. OH, then you throw in bridges every few miles that have restricted openings. They only open at certain times: top and bottom of the hour, 15 and 45 past the hour, every 20 minutes. etc... If you don’t make an opening you have to wait for the next. Meaning, you circle around and around and around. NOT FUN! Our original plan was to cross over to the Bahamas from Miami, we’re so done with the ICW in FLorida, we’re going to cross from Ft. Lauderdale. Where we’re are entering the Bahamas is still up in the air. Everyone is nice and has given great advice, but they are all different and varying opinions. We are definitely heading to the Exumas over the Abacos, that has been one general consensus from everyone. We are so close, it’s exciting and scary. Once we cross I think Kevin and I will both sigh a big relief. That is until the next twist in the adventure is thrown our way.
Comments
Vessel Name: Foolish Heart
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 35.5
Hailing Port: Havre De Grace, Maryland
Crew: Kevin Irwin, Dorothy Irwin
About: Kevin - Dorothy -

Who: Kevin Irwin, Dorothy Irwin
Port: Havre De Grace, Maryland