S/V CIVIL TWILIGHT-Alan and Gerri

FROM MAINE TO THE BAHAMAS-AGAIN! 2012-2013

19 January 2013 | Hopetown, Elbow Cay
08 January 2013 | moving about the Abacos
30 December 2012 | Manjack Cay
26 December 2012 | Green Turtle Cay
18 December 2012 | Guana back to Treasure
14 December 2012 | Treasure Cay
12 December 2012
07 December 2012 | Peck Lake, Hobe Sound
04 December 2012 | Fort Pierce, FL
30 November 2012 | Harbortown Marina, Fort Pierce, FL
24 November 2012 | Palm Shores, FL mm910
19 November 2012 | Just north of Daytony
17 November 2012 | St. Augustine, FL
13 November 2012 | Cumberland Island
11 November 2012 | Cumberland Island, GA
08 November 2012 | Charleston, SC mm470
06 November 2012 | Butler Island, Wacamaw River mm395
05 November 2012 | Calabash Creek, NC no SC
04 November 2012 | Carolina Beach Basin, NC
03 November 2012 | Mile Hammock Bay, Camp LeJeune, NC

Repairs underway

30 November 2012 | Harbortown Marina, Fort Pierce, FL
Florida-like!
We arrived in Ft. Pierce on Sunday and anchored just off the marina for the night. Monday morning we called into the marina for fuel, and our slip assignment. We had reservations to come in to get the repairs done. Oh my God, if anyone had a video going while we docked, I would have looked like a chicken with its head cut off! We seldom (maybe twice now) dock on pilings...always floating docks. But, pilings is what we had. You have to loop your llines over the pilings as you come into the dock, either with a boat hook, or lasso the piling. I started off with the boat hook...not working. Switched to the lasso technique...threw the lines into the water. This is not just one line...but 3 lines that I had to get on...so I'm running from one side of the boat, back to the other, up forward...swearing like a sailor evertime I missed. I never noticed, but Al told me the poor people on the boat next to us went below decks til we got tied up!

Anyway, that was Monday morning. By the afternoon, everyone who needed to give us an estimate had come and gone. By Tuesday morning, we had estimates for all the work that needed to be done. By noontime on Wednesday, Alan had removed all the stainless rails that needed to be replaced, which involved disconnecting the backstays, bracing our davits (they are connected to the railing), removing lifelines, solar panels, lifesling, etc, etc.

As of now, everything is still in the shop, but we are hoping to have things back this afternoon...wish us luck. That would give Alan the weekend to get everything back together, and hopefully we will be out of here on Monday or Tuesday. We haven't missed any opportunities to cross the stream, so we aren't really losing any time while we are here. We are in walking distance to a West Marine and a Publix (grocery), so when we leave here, we will be stocked and ready to go.

There is nice little restaurant here, as well as a pool, 60" tv in the lounge for watching movies, but no laundry. So, I might be leaving here with a bag of dirty clothes. But, if we can get to Treasure cay right away...I'll just drop it off at the laundromat on my way to the beach and VOILA!
Comments
Vessel Name: Civil Twilight
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 470CC-135 Built 2004 in Xiamen, China
Hailing Port: Hailing port is Portsmouth, NH, BUT our summer slip is in Georgetown, Maine
Crew: Alan and Gerri
About: Capt. Alan Burke and Gerri Dubey have a home in Maine when they're not on the boat. Salty the Ship's Cat, is a 14 yrs old Himalayan. Eddie the Autopilot is a tireless crew member.
Extra: In October 2012 we will be heading south once again.
Social:

CREW OF CIVIL TWILIGHT

Who: Alan and Gerri
Port: Hailing port is Portsmouth, NH, BUT our summer slip is in Georgetown, Maine