S/V CIVIL TWILIGHT-Alan and Gerri

FROM MAINE TO THE BAHAMAS-AGAIN! 2012-2013

19 January 2013 | Hopetown, Elbow Cay
08 January 2013 | moving about the Abacos
30 December 2012 | Manjack Cay
26 December 2012 | Green Turtle Cay
18 December 2012 | Guana back to Treasure
14 December 2012 | Treasure Cay
12 December 2012
07 December 2012 | Peck Lake, Hobe Sound
04 December 2012 | Fort Pierce, FL
30 November 2012 | Harbortown Marina, Fort Pierce, FL
24 November 2012 | Palm Shores, FL mm910
19 November 2012 | Just north of Daytony
17 November 2012 | St. Augustine, FL
13 November 2012 | Cumberland Island
11 November 2012 | Cumberland Island, GA
08 November 2012 | Charleston, SC mm470
06 November 2012 | Butler Island, Wacamaw River mm395
05 November 2012 | Calabash Creek, NC no SC
04 November 2012 | Carolina Beach Basin, NC
03 November 2012 | Mile Hammock Bay, Camp LeJeune, NC

Colors of Hopetown

19 January 2013 | Hopetown, Elbow Cay
From colors of hopetown

After spending 3 or 4 days in Treasure, getting laundry done, groceries, beachcombing, and eating and drinking with friends, we left last Sunday along with Thate Wata and Felix the Cat. With plans to head to the south end of the Sea of Abaco on Monday we all intended to first stay a night in Man-o-War. That's where Thate Wata went...as planned. We changed course and headed to Guana for Sunday Pig roast, Felix changed course and headed to Marsh Harbor for groceries. We did, however, all end up at Tilloo Cay on Monday, as planned. Along the way, we hooked 2 nice mutton Snappers, so dinner was on board Civil Twilight. We grilled the fish, and Suzi and Chris provided the side dishes.

The following day we all headed further south to Lynyard Cay. Dave and Alan went in search of lobster. Dave nailed 8 of them, Alan on one, but we all enjoyed grilled lobsters for dinner on board Felix. Suzi and I brought the side dishes...as well as Dennis's key lime pie!

The weather deteriorated much quicker than forecast. We had hoped to be able to explore some back waters in the Bight of Old Robinson. Dave, Alan and I got in our dinghies and headed out, but the longer we were out there, the worse the conditions got. The water was too choppy to snorkel, and those big black clouds approaching turned us around and we headed back to the boat. Alan and I decided to pick up anchor that afternoon and we headed back north to Tavern Cay. Sunset that night while we at dinner in the cockpit was not bad.
From colors of hopetown

The following morning we headed into Hopetown, on Elbow Cay. Hopetown is the perfect little settlement, with colorful cottages, several restaurants and bars, and nice beaches. As we walked around town I took several photos of the "Colors of Hopetown". Just a few...
From colors of hopetown

From colors of hopetown

From colors of hopetown

From colors of hopetown

Check out my gallery for more colors!

Today we are leaving Hopetown and going back up to Guana. The plan is to have a Patriots party at Nippers tomorrow night. There are far more Ravens fans around here than Patriots, so we decided that we should be there to represent the Northeast!
Comments
Vessel Name: Civil Twilight
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 470CC-135 Built 2004 in Xiamen, China
Hailing Port: Hailing port is Portsmouth, NH, BUT our summer slip is in Georgetown, Maine
Crew: Alan and Gerri
About: Capt. Alan Burke and Gerri Dubey have a home in Maine when they're not on the boat. Salty the Ship's Cat, is a 14 yrs old Himalayan. Eddie the Autopilot is a tireless crew member.
Extra: In October 2012 we will be heading south once again.
Social:

CREW OF CIVIL TWILIGHT

Who: Alan and Gerri
Port: Hailing port is Portsmouth, NH, BUT our summer slip is in Georgetown, Maine