Pootles on La Gioconda

St. Giles-Croix de Vie to L’Herbaudiere sur Noirmoutier to Roche Bernard….

20 August 2013 | Roche Bernard
hot stuff Dave.
L'Herbaudiere La Gioconda boxed in might as well stay another day


At last making fast progress home. St.Giles- Croix de Vie a great place but only a quick one night stop over this time through..... just as well as the summer marina charges made the eyes water!
L'Herbaudiere delightful as usual and we decided that the wind being in the wrong direction was excuse enough to stay an extra day. Good decision had a excellent meal out and fine walk taking in yet another great family beach.
Today a sail in light winds past the pleasure spots of La Baule, Piriac and Le Pouligan. A really interesting bit of coastline lots of bays, sandy beaches, boats and a really sparkling blue sea reflecting an azure blue sky ( don't know what that means but that's what they say in all the brochures).
Quite a contrast to the sail into L'Herbaudiere, wind, rain and chop over a swell.... should have used my pensioners' bus pass!!

Well here we are looking at the Roche of Roche Bernard and preparing to take the mast down yet again.
No trip around the coast of Brittany this year. We have run out of time and the canal takes only 5days as opposed to at least 10 days, without allowing for the inevitable bad weather/wrong tide scenarios that inevitably happen in those waters.... e.g. ten days in Camaret one year waiting for the strong winds to abate..... what not more moules frites and plats de fruit de mer?

Dinan here we come..........

Follow us on our Facebook group and gallery.

See and follow our route in Google Maps
Comments
Vessel Name: La Gioconda
Vessel Make/Model: Heavenly Twins 8m catamaran
Hailing Port: Darthaven Marina, Dartmouth, Devon
Crew: Dave and Jill Conroy
About: Action man and Adventure woman. In other words retired couple with nothing better to do. We enjoy walking, visiting historic towns and sites, bird watching and in between a bit of sailing.
Extra: This blog is to allow friends and relatives to follow our journeys over the next couple of years.

Who: Dave and Jill Conroy
Port: Darthaven Marina, Dartmouth, Devon