Golightly

13 June 2022 | Ste. Anne. Martinique.
10 August 2021 | Le marin
03 August 2021 | Le Marin. Martinique.
21 July 2021
15 July 2021
29 November 2019 | Carriacou
14 October 2019 | Carriacou
31 March 2019 | Martinique
15 November 2018 | Carriacou
09 June 2018 | Marigot, St. Lucia.
01 March 2018 | Martinique.
04 December 2017
21 September 2017 | Tyrell Bay. Mangroves.
18 June 2017 | Bequia
06 January 2017 | Le Marin.
19 November 2016
26 October 2016
22 June 2016
25 February 2016

Carriacou

05 August 2013
Sherman, from Fair Winds, and I, caught a local bus over the island, to Clifton Bay, to clear out of Immigration and Customs. Then back to the boats and we sailed out of the bay and down to Hillsborough, Carriacou.
This Island is part of Grenada and the Grenadines, so we dropped anchor off the government dock and dinghyed in to clear in. We happened to arrive there behind a large church group clearing out to go to Union Island.
This was a lengthy process so we chilled in the shade for an hour or 2. It's a Caribbean thing. Liming.
Back to the boats, when we were done and motored around to Tyrrel Bay. It's a great anchorage with quite a few boats here. There is also a metal fabricator and a boat yard here with good reputations.
I'm considering putting on another solar panel and might have it done here.
Dominique, the fabricator, came over to my boat and we discussed the building of an arch over the transom. This would have been to hang the dinghy off as well as mount another solar panel on to.
In the end, I have decided not to do that as I would have to sacrifice my stern seats, in the pushpit. So I have been strengthening the bimini to take the extra solar panel.
There is a lot to do here. Snorkeling, fishing, swimming etc. And the evenings ashore have been great too. Local BBQs, Oil downs, which is a type of coconut,chicken, dumpling stew thing. The deal is that the food is free,
if you buy the beer from the lady, Kendra. No problem at all. And as with anything free, it is well supported by the cruising community.
This weekend, has been the start of the Carriacou Regatta. Lots of parties and festivities have been going on. Great fun. On Sunday, we went over to Hillsborough, to watch the Carriacou Sloops and the working boats sail against each other.
It was a colorful scene as they beach themselves right in front the spectators. They also do a "push start" from the beach.
It's been a great few weeks chilling here, making new friends and catching up with old ones.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, a few of us are heading a little south to Saline Island, where I hope to do so fishing and snorkeling. Scoping the place for when Daniel, my youngest son, joins me on Sunday. He's flying in for 4 weeks.
So I'll be off to Prickly Bay, in Grenada, on Thursday, to do some stocking up in the grocery department.
Comments
Vessel Name: Golightly
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 350
Hailing Port: London

Les on Golightly.

Port: London